• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you guys recommend this?

IamKris

Reaction score
I've been pretty stagnant these past few months and gained a lot of weight. I used to play basketball a lot a few years back but I don't have time for it anymore. So I decided to start running. I did some research and came across this image and I'm wondering what everyone here thinks about it.

Would you recommend me to start my running lifestyle using the attached guide?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No you should start out with your own pace.

50 Eggs

Reaction score
Unless you qualify for Biggest Loser, there is no need to walk after one minute of running. Get your chubby ass off the sofa and start running. If you need to walk after awhile do so, but only until your heart rate is reduced enough to start running again. The more you run the better you get. Just work towards incremental improvements.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
run every day and eat a salad you fat bastard.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 50 Eggs
Unless you qualify for Biggest Loser, there is no need to walk after one minute of running. Get your chubby ass off the sofa and start running. If you need to walk after awhile do so, but only until your heart rate is reduced enough to start running again. The more you run the better you get. Just work towards incremental improvements.

Mandatory bump for awesome reference in username & avatar.

Macallan

Reaction score
Sort out your diet, 5-6 small meals for 5 days a week and two days where you do not follow such a strict eatting plan.

Use a HIIT running programme, you are probably better off with a curcuit-based programme every other day.

If you want to follow a running programme, start with a light jog over a short distance and every 'run' look to increase distance or speed. As you slowly progress, your body will be able to cope more - starting out running a high speed and long distance is a bad approach to take.

When I used to cycle 2/3 times weekly, after my xmas break I would struggle to cycle a few km. However, after a few weeklys of building up distance and speed, I would return to normal cycling level.

IamKris

Reaction score
I tried it this morning and on the 4th jog in the cycle I was ready to give up. Had difficulty keeping my breath. But fortunately was able to finish the required 20 minutes. I'll definitely try this again tomorrow..

Forgot about this thread lol. But some nice feedback..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads