• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you ever wear USED jeans?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would.

That said, I'd hope that they are not of the type that one guy on SF (or was it SuFu?) posted, complete with pics, involving a request for advice on spot-cleaning his own man stains.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I prefer jeans used just enough to shake off the full retail price.
That's my preference with all clothing
laugh.gif
Except tshirts, socks underwear etc, of course.

• Love
Reactions: RSS

soulstylist

Reaction score
jeans > wash 'em > clean > ok!

shoes > blurgh!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only pair of jeans I bought off this forum. The seller had worn them one time he said. When I got them, they looked clean so I wore them for 6 months before washing. I'm usually squeamish about other people's ****, but whatever, if it's for fashion you can tough it out.

Lighten Up! It's Just Fashion! -Tim Gunn

jessetk313

Reaction score
I have no problem buying used jeans just would definitely wash them first or else you may find yourself with someone else's jock itch, ringworm, etc. Things caused from sweat.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Absolutely.

The obsession with new and shiny things is unique in the world to middle class Americans, Chinese and Japanese as far as I can see - especially when the newness of the object is considered more important than quality.

Given the choice between a new pair of jeans or a used pair that's twice the quality for the same price I'd take the used pair any day.

But then about the only things I wouldn't buy second hand are underwear and food...

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm currently wearing a pair of jeans I bought on SF. They didn't have much wear when I got them, and I dry cleaned them the same day. Also the former owner had them dry cleaned throughout his wearing them too. I have no problem wearing them.

Now if they were 9 months old, worn heavily, and washed, I wouldn't wear them. I'm willing to miss some of the breaking in in a new pair of jeans, but obviously I want some of the 'involvement' in the jeans. I mean breaking them in is half the fun of raw denim, isn't it?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have a very long inseam, so I get some of my best jeans from trading with a friend who is the same height and weight as me in Austria. We often have used jeans going back and forth to each other. I just wash them and wear them.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theres no point to wear used jeans because jeans aren't that expensive in the first place. So...no. I would not wear used jeans.

hi-val

Reaction score
My favorite jeans are from the thrift store and often from the Girls aisle. You've got to look at it differently; would you buy silver and china that someone else used? You're buying a really cool story : ) There's also some college rant in here about how the capitalist system makes you think that anything used is de facto worthless and that you should keep buying. It all comes down to this: if you like it, why do you care where it came from?

Nickel

Reaction score
I think it depends on how used they are. If I can see any wear from wallets or stuff in the pockets it's an immediate no go, but if it's just a bit of honeycombing / whiskering creases in there I'd be fine.

totally epic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Theres no point to wear used jeans because jeans aren't that expensive in the first place. So...no. I would not wear used jeans.
I dunno...I consider $300-400 pretty expensive.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear used jeans but only if Scarlett Johansson wore them first.
inlove.gif

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
I would wear used jeans but only if Scarlett Johansson wore them first.
inlove.gif

What if Scarlett wore it and its unwashed and contaminated with her contagious germs and **** and by wearing it, you will also get infected with it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics