• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you ever wear USED jeans?

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Either you're very well off, or you buy your jeans at WalMart.

I don't shop at WalMart. I'm just of the idea that I only need two pairs of jeans. so...$700 will last a few years until I need a new style.

I WOULD, on the other hand, buy a really nice used suit, or possibly nice used shoes.

If you can't afford the jeans, then I'm not opposed to buying them used. Its just that I can afford them.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I don't shop at WalMart. I'm just of the idea that I only need two pairs of jeans. so...$700 will last a few years until I need a new style.

I WOULD, on the other hand, buy a really nice used suit, or possibly nice used shoes.

If you can't afford the jeans, then I'm not opposed to buying them used. Its just that I can afford them.

Used shoes are worse. Some shoes stink because of the sweat etc in it.
Plus used shoes have creases in them. That is different from marks on raw jeans.
I prefer my shoes sharp looking.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
You don't wear your shoes?

I said sharp looking not that I dont wear shoes.
I dont mind my jeans having scruffs and tears because even new jeans have that. But I have not gotten around my shoes having creases and marks ala a Carol Christian Poell shoes. I dont mind creases caused by me. Thats what I meant when I said I like them sharp.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
But I have not gotten around my shoes having creases and marks ala a Carol Christian Poell shoes.

LOL...I had to google that.
laugh.gif

Magster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
Like cooties?

I would buy a slightly used pair of samurai or some other kick-ass jean if they were mad cheap and the perfect size and I didn't know the owner. I think it is somewhat worse to wear jeans previously owned by an acquaintance simply because one somehow knows where their freinds have been (ie pecker tracks).

Naw man, this is all just wrong.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't buy used clothing, period. Some of them might have been worn by dying people.. Creepy!
Dying is creepy? How odd.

Sorry guys, I have no idea why this came up in my feed.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I grew up in New Orleans. We often joked about the water which comes from the Mississippi. It was something about it won't kill you; it didn't hurt the other two people who drank it first. ;)

I will buy used clothing, but will have it cleaned or laundered before wearing. If laundered I might even add Borax. And yes, I would buy jeans. No on underwear and socks.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty great thread. I don't remember it

Reactions: RSS

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dying is creepy? How odd.

Sorry guys, I have no idea why this came up in my feed.

Yeah, this was the best post in the thread. I guess this guy cannot then e.g stay in hotels, someone might have died in that room!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I look at it this way ... as long as the jeans are properly laundered, I'd be fine wearing them. After all, I stay in hotels on laundered sheets. I'm sure other rears have touched those sheets prior to their being laundered for my use.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads