• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Would you date ...

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you date a girl who came out of a long term relationship? She's been single for about 4 month and she said that she was the one who ended the last relationship. She assured me that her ex is out of the picture completely.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Stop being so fucking calculating, you like her or not?

That's the feeling I've gotten from all the recent "Should I fuck/date/masturbate to her/stalk her" threads.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see this being negative, if she's a nice girl in the head and exteriorly then I don't see this getting in the way of dating. Especially, 4 months seems like plenty of time to get over it, she's probably wanting to just start a fresh by now. She did end it as well...

Rebound sex can be some of the best type and wilder since the previous relationship may have gotten routine or somehow was not really satisfying. If she seems right I'd go for it, she may bring some fresh air in your life.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I just don't get this, 4 months!! WF is the problem!!! For all you know she's been sleeping with every taxi driver she met for 5 yrs and you focus on the fucking 4 months after a relationship!! WTF is wrong with you people. You're not time travelers, you're not dating a person's past although it's always be there you'll never know exactly what it is. You like her, stick your penis in her vagina and be done with it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just don't get this, 4 months!! WF is the problem!!! For all you know she's been sleeping with every taxi driver she met for 5 yrs and you focus on the fucking 4 months after a relationship!! WTF is wrong with you people. You're not time travelers, you're not dating a person's past although it's always be there you'll never know exactly what it is. You like her, stick your penis in her vagina and be done with it.
Didn't you learn in school that when you have sex with a person, you are having sex with all of the people they have had sex with, and all of the people they have had sex with, and so on. Man, just thinking about the thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of men and women I have boned gets me all silly. Seriously, if you like her, date her. I kind of question whether she would be interested if she know this is the kind of worry you had.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe

Rebound sex can be some of the best type and wilder since the previous relationship may have gotten routine or somehow was not really satisfying. If she seems right I'd go for it, she may bring some fresh air in your life.

i think rebound sex is out surely after 2 momths she proabably had her rebound fling and thus he has lost his chance anythign really weird.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Didn't you learn in school that when you have sex with a person, you are having sex with all of the people they have had sex with, and all of the people they have had sex with, and so on. Man, just thinking about the thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of men and women I have boned gets me all silly.

Seriously, if you like her, date her. I kind of question whether she would be interested if she know this is the kind of worry you had.

Seriously I'm as analytical as you'll get but some people just decorticate the wrong subjects. Reminds me of all the retards (no offense to people with mental disabilities, they'd surely manage) who don't know what to wear to a fucking interview. I mean asking what you should wear to an Hindu wedding, ok maybe, but an interview. WTF!!!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If you don't want your girl to have a past beside her barbies go for nuns or 12 y/o. I'd be wary of the nuns though, they used to date Jesus and bobos are a scary bunch.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seriously I'm as analytical as you'll get but some people just decorticate the wrong subjects. Reminds me of all the retards (no offense to people with mental disabilities, they'd surely manage) who don't know what to wear to a fucking interview. I mean asking what you should wear to an Hindu wedding, ok maybe, but an interview. WTF!!!
What should I wear to an interview for a singing job at a Hindu wedding, and can it be purchased at Jos. A Banks or with a Brooks Brothers corporate discount?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
What should I wear to an interview for a singing job at a Hindu wedding, and can it be purchased at Jos. A Banks or with a Brooks Brothers corporate discount?

grey or navy suit (single breasted), white shirt, rep tie and black captoes. You can wear that stuff anywhere according to some (check out gallery opening or whatev for some good laughs).

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
i think rebound sex is out surely after 2 momths she proabably had her rebound fling and thus he has lost his chance anythign really weird.
Good point, forgot about the time and just focused on being out of a long relationship when I was posting. So yeah, I agree that ship's definitely already set sail.

darkoak

Reaction score
I have nothing to add except +1 to Fuuma and I had to look up "decorticate"

KhouriC

Reaction score
yeah, go for it but realize that girl has serious baggage. three years with one person is a lot of time and you are def inheriting that guy to some degree in your new potential relationship.

be aware of the glow of everything feeling so great, it might be false

i say this from personal experience and a situation that sounds very similar

i could go on on but, basically ask those awkward questions. "are you over him" "when was the last time you were talking and about what?" they might suck and put you both in a weird position but they might also save you A LOT of heartache in the long run.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 245 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40