1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Would you call these shoes "square toed?"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MadAboutPlaid, Sep 29, 2011.

1. GBR

GBR Senior member

Not really.

However beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

So, can square(r) toed shoes really never be interesting or wearable, and, if not, why not, or is this just a passing fashion? (Dsclaimer, I have one pair of square-ish toed books, which, while they aren't high level style items and are pretty dull, don't seem to cause women to faint or grown men to cry when they see them!).

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

you guys need to change your avatars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. swiego

swiego Senior member

Admittedly I don't own any square-ish shoes, but I don't understand where the venom comes from. When I look at human feet, they are at least somewhat squarish on the front inner corners. And there's that 70s-80s look of symmetry where the inside part of the leg is identical to the outside (like zero taper on pants) which keeps coming and going, and I would think the equally symmetric square shoes will always fit that look. So I imagine it'll come and go.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

No they can't.....:teach:
    -1. Already gone.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  6. DrHouse

DrHouse Active Member

Human feet are not squarish at the front and looking at my feet the large toe looks like it's about an inch larger than the small toe. The shoes pictured are not square and in fact they're shaped like a normal foot with the large toe area larger curving to the small toe. It's actually more of a rounder design and it's only the soles that make the shoes look a bit squarish. if he could change the soles the shoes would be very nice.
    Really square toe shoes look terrible and I'm wondering if the reason they make them is because it takes a lot less skill to make and you may be able to train workers to do it more easily and they cost less.You'll notice that these square toe shoes are in the lower price range.At least I don't know of any of the better shoes being made square toed. Can you think of one?

7. jdragon

jdragon New Member

You should change your avatar too, einie.

As for the shoes, toss them...they seem outdated.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  8. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

9. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Are these pointed shoes?
    [​IMG]