• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you buy this sweater?

FormalFashion08

Reaction score
Ignoring the cost.

148205945_o.jpg

JeffsWood

Reaction score
no its too big for me, but thanks for asking. (;

I am not fondof the colour or the blue smudge on the chest.

FormalFashion08

Reaction score
I mean would you buy it based on style/appearance. Not size.

And blue smudge? Ha....ha...?

TintinATL

Reaction score
I agree, the logo is pretty glaring, due to the color contrast. I think you could find something similar from e.g. Brooks Brothers without a logo, or with a more subtle one.

FormalFashion08

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TintinATL
I agree, the logo is pretty glaring, due to the color contrast. I think you could find something similar from e.g. Brooks Brothers without a logo, or with a more subtle one.

its hard to find sweaters w/o logos

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FormalFashion08
I mean would you buy it based on style/appearance. Not size.

And blue smudge? Ha....ha...?

I would not buy it, I don't like the colour, I am not a fan of cotton sweaters and I don't like logo's.

The style/cut look nice.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had an older polo in that same/near same color. Looked great with a slim pair of charcoal, flat-front slacks.

Did have one guy ask me if I was captain of the Enterprise.
rimshot.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the colour, but I have the same cotton v-neck Polo sweater in pink that I do like, so clicked yes. They fit quite nicely and are fairly durable, though mine has needed one small repair in a 2-3 years of use.

MaxJones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I had an older polo in that same/near same color. Looked great with a slim pair of charcoal, flat-front slacks.

Did have one guy ask me if I was captain of the Enterprise.
rimshot.gif

Hrrf. You'd have to wear it a few sizes too small for the full Shatner effect.

I can't wear that color because it washes out my complexion. If you are darker skinned or very light skinned it might look really great though. Especially as part of larger ensemble.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FormalFashion08
what repair

collar detail (or whatever that ribbed area at the edge is called) came away from the body of the sweater at the back - needed a five minute repair job, sewing the two edges back together and now good as new. I think I took it off ina hurry one day and the stretching as I pulled it over my head caused the tear. Doubt it's a systemic fault in these sweaters, but there you go.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
I think it looks fine. I used to really dislike the logos on everything but now I just don't care anymore

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads