1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy a Chinese car?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wave9384, Feb 24, 2011.

1. wave9384

wave9384 Member

Just curious what people think ... Great Wall and Chery are expanding beyond China now ... would you consider buying a Chinese car?

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Just curious what people think ... Great Wall and Chery are expanding beyond China now ... would you consider buying a Chinese car?

There was talk some time ago about Walmart carrying these things. I don't know, if the price was amazing and it looked cool I'd consider it.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG] if by chance I lose all my dignity and self-respect I will consider being seen in one, but as long as I have an iota of pride in myself, I think I'd rather walk thank you.

4. 309misbehaviors

309misbehaviors Member

Id rather buy I used pos..

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

No, never. Having seen so many people die in them from minor fender benders, no fucking way.

6. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Depends on how good it is ... I have had 3 Skodas in the last 8 years so I am not against manufacturers based in "non developed" world

7. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Fuck the Chinese. I try as hard as I can (and as much as I can afford) to buy as little as possible from that hell hole.

8. Valor

Valor Senior member

Fuck the Chinese. I try as hard as I can (and as much as I can afford) to buy as little as possible from that hell hole.

This made me giggle.

9. Grey

Grey Well-Known Member

I'll buy anything that's excellent, I don't care where it's made.

At the moment I think most Chinese cars are, relatively speaking, not very good, but that doesn't mean it'll be the case forever.

Lots of Japanese and Korean products used to be crap and now many/most are terrific.

Many Chinese products used to be garbage, but now they're making some of, for example, the best laptops on the planet (Lenovo Thinkpad).

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Depends on how good it is ... I have had 3 Skodas in the last 8 years so I am not against manufacturers based in "non developed" world

Are you kidding? Skoda is owned by VW!

11. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

So a rebadged VW is "non developed" to you (I realize where Skoda originated, but nowadays, shit's all VW)?

I value my life and would rather ride a scooter than drive a Chinese car. Probably have a better chance of surviving an accident on one of those too.

12. drum

drum Senior member

I remember when the first Chinese car was introduced in the EU. Crash tests showed you'd lose your life if you crashed it (or someone crashed into you) at 30 mph, and its sale was prohibited until it would meet the safety standards. The manufacturer basically installed a metal bar in the front to just barely meet the requirements.

They may be crap at building cars at the moment, but so were the Japanese a couple of decades back. Surely they will improve given enough time. I might consider it once they manage to produce a proper car.

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Since they make components of airplanes we fly in, why not?

14. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I remember when the first Chinese car was introduced in the EU. Crash tests showed you'd lose your life if you crashed it (or someone crashed into you) at 30 mph, and its sale was prohibited until it would meet the safety standards. The manufacturer basically installed a metal bar in the front to just barely meet the requirements.

They may be crap at building cars at the moment, but so were the Japanese a couple of decades back. Surely they will improve given enough time. I might consider it once they manage to produce a proper car.

Exactly.

Since they make components of airplanes we fly in, why not?

+1

Ignoring the jingoism and thinly veiled racism, I don't see how this is any different from buying a Hyundai 20 years ago, or a Toyota in the '50s.

15. js4design

js4design Senior member

In communist China, car crashes you!

16. West24

West24 Senior member

Exactly.

+1

Ignoring the jingoism and thinly veiled racism, I don't see how this is any different from buying a Hyundai 20 years ago, or a Toyota in the '50s.

because hyuandai is korean and toyota is japanese! you racist theyre not all the same! BASTARD!

17. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

because hyuandai is korean and toyota is japanese! you racist theyre not all the same! BASTARD!

[​IMG]

18. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

If they make a copy of the maserati quattroporte, I would definitely think about it. Then again, the body would probably melt if I parked it in the sun.

19. onix

onix Senior member

If these or the similar, then no.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

20. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

For those who responded "Never" to the poal, why not? Would you buy a car made anywhere other than your home country, or is your response limited to China?