• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you be less jolly without alcohol?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Serious question!

If alcohol were not a component of your life, would you be a sadder chap?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
Conne, I do not drink at all. Before I was christian, I did drink the occasional drink, and although it was the atmosphere with friends that was fun , it certainly is something (drinking) that I do not miss, and I believe my life is fuller without it.
Is drinking un-Christianm?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, can someone edit the poll? The thread title and poll title contradict eachother.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Is drinking un-Christianm?

Conne, no it is not Un-christian to drink. i know a few Christian persons who do enjoy the occasional alcohol drink.
however, this is where you have to know yourself. if you know personally that having a drink (or going to a R movie, or playing billiards, or etc) will perhaps cause a problem down the road, or , if your doing so can sway somebody else around you to falter, it may not be an investable thing to do. the sin is getting drunk or the possibility of sin coming from going out of your way to drink. i can go on..but

i did not plan/dont want to get into christian talk here, feel free to pm me and i'll talk to you in more depth what i believe.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Drinking is fun. It was fun at 16, it is fun at 36. With any luck it will be fun at 66.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw this from the main page. I knew the thread starter was either Bouji or Conne.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Drinking is fun. It was fun at 16, it is fun at 36. With any luck it will be fun at 66.
You are my favorite poster.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
You are my favorite poster.

inlove.gif

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went through a drinking phase in college, but I noticed no difference in my behaviour (minus the dizzyness).

I enjoy the occasional drink, usually with food and sometimes I'll have a good quality beer during or after a good painting session.

But I'm laid back and fun loving with or without alcohol, so I don't really have a need for it.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
funny seeing this thread today while I'm recovering from a major christmas party last night ... When I woke up today, feeling like I've gone 10 rounds with a heavyweight champ and then had brillo pads for dinner, I swore it would be a while between drinks... But then my gf and I are celebrating our anniversary today which means dinner and champagne tonight...a well ...maybe no more drinks can be my new years resolution ...

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Being jolly doesn't require alcohol. Although it can help.

Being jolly does require the presence of ho's, though. Ho ho ho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics