1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Would you be comfortable dating a woman who made significantly more money than you?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Radagast, Sep 7, 2010.

1. scubiduu

scubiduu Active Member

being the broke lanky guy...i just met a girl two weeks ago who is born SUPER rich (for real..), stronger than me (not hard), 2 years older than me (im 19...), and about the same height (184) , wich means she was taller than me with her shoes and hair!
    eventhough she i fucked me the whole time on the dance floor...i got so uncomfortable that i didnt even got her phone number... [​IMG] good god..she was the hottest, most perfect girl that ever hit on me

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

done it. Girl made like 3-4 times what I did. Was also like 8 yrs older than me. Neither bothered me.

3. maverick

maverick Senior member

I don't think this would bother me (although I've never done it).... however, I would hesitate to date anyone who worked more hours than I do.

4. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    In my situation it is hard not dating a woman, that makes more than I do... [​IMG]

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

You must not know much about SF. The only women in the world who make more money than the big-timers on SF are Christy and Alice Walton.

It goes without saying that both rate -1,000 on the SF looks scale, and are also obviously outside the max date-able age of 24.

Therefore, your question is moot.

6. SField

SField Senior member

You must not know much about SF. The only women in the world who make more money than the big-timers on SF are Christy and Alice Walton.

It goes without saying that both rate -1,000 on the SF looks scale, and are also obviously outside the max date-able age of 24.

What about JK Rowling and Oprah?

7. milosz

milosz Senior member

Fuck yeah I want a sugar mama.

8. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

My wife has always made two to five times more than I did. It was fantastic.

However, after a while the financial ambition becomes kind of a turn off because it sort of dominates her thoughts at all times.

Really, just once, I'd like to talk about a book or something.

9. robbz9206

robbz9206 Senior member

wow you sound unhappy

10. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

Nah. It's better to have a woman who talks about money all the time instead of, say, make up or revenge or how much she hates you. ;-)

11. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Nah. It's better to have a woman who talks about money all the time instead of, say, make up or revenge or how much she hates you. ;-)
    jesus [​IMG]

12. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

Dated someone that made way more than significantly more than me, I was fine with it but the desire to compete was kind of killing me.

13. mano

mano Senior member

Not much background to this one. Would you be comfortable dating a woman who makes significantly more money than you? I don't mean a few grand above you; more like double or triple what you make.
    Only if she had big tits. Really big tits! Firm, natural really big tits!

14. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Only if she had big tits.

Really big tits!

Firm, natural really big tits!

SF's next great mind.

15. MarquisMagic

MarquisMagic Senior member

Of course I'd date her...though my wife might not think too much of the idea. [​IMG]

16. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Half of the Wal-Mart clan went to my school when I was there; they are the richest white trash in the world. The boys only care about basketball; 22" chrome rims on their ridez, sweatpants with the leg rolled up everyday with a hat cocked to the side, eating burgers from the food court and reading SLAM and the Source. I don't know if that's the way all heirs to 20+ billi are, but it was a pretty sad sight to see everyday.

17. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

I wanted to revive this thread as I recently met a girl who will surely be making A LOT more money than me that I am considering dating...

I'm decidely in the "yes" camp on this issue. I would not be insecure at all about dating or marrying a woman who makes more than me, and in fact I would be psyched to be with a rich, successful woman.

That being said, I have a somewhat more complex question: Would you date a girl who is super successful (a probable salary of > 500,000 and a Doctor) who is down to earth, interesting and fun to hang out with, but not very attractive?

This might seem kind of shallow at first, but from my prospective, I'm having a real dilemna with this issue. On one hand, I hit it off with this girl and she's just out of a top med school, top of her class and poised to be incredibly rich and successful, and I will most likely never match her success/wealth myself. She is very into me and made this clear by asking me out. The thing is, I'm not really that attracted to her - she isn't ugly, but just doesn't really do it for me. We have pretty good chemistry though...

Do I give it a shot and go on the date or not?

18. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ...She is very into me and made this clear by asking me out. The thing is, I'm not really that attracted to her - she isn't ugly, but just doesn't really do it for me. We have pretty good chemistry though...

I don't understand this ^.
    You have good chemistry?
    What is the question then, Kenneth?

19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

That being said, I have a somewhat more complex question: Would you date a girl who is super successful (a probable salary of > 500,000 and a Doctor) who is down to earth, interesting and fun to hang out with, but not very attractive?

This might seem kind of shallow at first, but from my prospective, I'm having a real dilemna with this issue. On one hand, I hit it off with this girl and she's just out of a top med school, top of her class and poised to be incredibly rich and successful, and I will most likely never match her success/wealth myself. She is very into me and made this clear by asking me out. The thing is, I'm not really that attracted to her - she isn't ugly, but just doesn't really do it for me. We have pretty good chemistry though...

Do I give it a shot and go on the date or not?

What does this mean? Are you holding out for a Victoria's Secret model? If she's attractive enough to be girlfriend material (which I would put around a 7 on a 1 - 10 scale), go out with her. If she's not, don't. If it's a borderline call, go for it. Very often a woman's personal qualities make up for what you initially perceive to be physical shortcomings.

20. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

When I say we have "good chemistry" I mean that we have a lot in common and have had good conversations the two times we've talked.

Ambulance chaser - I'm not holding out for a Victoria's secret model, but I have dated and can pickup much hotter girls than this one. I'd put her at about a 6 on the 1-10 scale and its pretty borderline. I like her personality and respect her drive, but just not initially attracted to her really.

I'm wondering if I should give it a shot and maybe develop an attraction or if its a waste of time.