• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would This Suit Combo Looks nice?

lazybone

Reaction score
Hi!
biggrin.gif
In a few days will be my cousins wedding and I want to wear this Suit Combo with it but I'm not sure if it's nice looking or ugly. I was thinking of black suit (purchased already) navy shirt and White tie. Like this picture ;D http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...2vaness-wu.jpg
Thanks
biggrin.gif
or should I do some other color? I want to look unique/different in the wedding. Not like Black Suit, Blue Shirt and Black tie. >> kind of plain thanks !
biggrin.gif

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the shirt and tie combo. I would rather keep it simple and go with a white shirt and summery tie (maybe a madras tie).

Arsenal

Reaction score
A wedding really isn't the place to stand out for the sake of standing out. It's the Bride and Groom's day, and if your intent is to get people to be looking at you, then you may want to revaluate a few things.

I'm really not particularly fond of the combo you have in the picture.

Do you have the suit already and you're looking for a shirt/tie combo? Or do you need to buy everything still?

lazybone

Reaction score
hmm I got the top and bottom. But I'm looking for the shirt and tie combo. Thanks.

Arsenal

Reaction score
white or light blue shirt (light pink or purple can work too depending on the shade) with a grenadine tie in your desired color would be my recommendation. I would avoid white or black for the tie. Finish with a white linen pocket square in a TV or presidential fold.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you want to keep the suit , go for a classic shirt colour and avoid the white tie please...

Grenadier

Reaction score
And why on Earth are you planning on wearing a black suit to a wedding? One generally wears black to a funeral.

lazybone

Reaction score
nooo not a full black suit lol just jacket and pants o.o hmm how about black suit(top and bot) white shirt and a silver/navy diagonally striped tie?

Arsenal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lazybone
nooo not a full black suit lol just jacket and pants o.o hmm how about black suit(top and bot) white shirt and a silver/navy diagonally striped tie?

I don't think you understand what "black suit" means.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arsenal
I don't think you understand what "black suit" means.

Or suit.

White ties and black shirts make you look like a waiter at a tacky suburban fusion restaurant.

lazybone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Or suit.

White ties and black shirts make you look like a waiter at a tacky suburban fusion restaurant.

hahas ;D or should I just go with a blue shirt and a striped tie? I'm 18..soo ya. hehe thanks guys!

Arsenal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lazybone
Soooo what does it mean?
smile.gif

A suit does not include the shirt or tie combination. It is merely the jacket and trousers.

Though you may not know this now, black suits are typically reserved for formal occasions (i.e. black tie events) or funerals. The reason you see so many black suits around in non-formal occasions is because 95% of the population has no sartorial IQ.

As said above, leave the black shirt and white tie at home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads