• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would the blazer suit work in cotton for people in less formal industries or fridays?

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A navy suit in cotton. The jacket seems like it could function pretty well as a navy blazer. Obviously the suit wouldn't be ideal for interviews in the finance industry or law, but for people in casual contexts that just like to wear a suit and sometimes like to mix the jacket up with other trousers?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have one, though the blue is a bit brighter than navy. I've never considered it a blazer suit, but I guess it could work that way.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I think it works in all fabrics.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I think it works in all fabrics.

How about all fabrics at once?

img20821fqfe4.jpg

Add madras patch pockets.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Vox, your secrecy is costing you adherents/sycophants. Look how many followers I have gathered. Your suit might be better, but you need to get it out there.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

img20821fqfe4.jpg

Add madras patch pockets.

- B

Late 80s Oxxford?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Late 80s Oxxford?

Nope. Bespoke.

Which raises an interesting question. If the cloth is "bespoken," is there a word for bespeaking multiple cloths for the same garment? Multispoke? Manispoke? Or as in this case, omnispoke?

Or is it simple glossolalia?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Nope. Bespoke.

Which raises an interesting question. If the cloth is "bespoken," is there a word for bespeaking multiple cloths for the same garment? Multispoke? Manispoke? Or as in this case, omnispoke?

Or is it simple glossolalia?

Misspoke

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vox, your secrecy is costing you adherents/sycophants. Look how many customers my followers have gathered for me. Your suit might be better, but you need to get it out there.

Fixed.
bigstar[1].gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Vox, your secrecy is costing you adherents/sycophants. Look how many followers I have gathered. Your suit might be better, but you need to get it out there.

I never claimed it was better, just superior.

It's not done yet. Its current incompletion cannot cost me adherents/sycophants that I have never had.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I never claimed it was better, just superior.

It's not done yet. Its current incompletion cannot cost me adherents/sycophants that I have never had.

- B

Don't you understand? It is a zero sum competetion. Every one that I pick up while you dawdle is one you can never get.

So what if it is not finished. You could at least describe it.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Late 80s Oxxford?

Just to keep your momentum going, what do you think is plugged into the wall in that photograph?

- B

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
img20821fqfe4.jpg
Add madras patch pockets. - B

I missed talking about this. Someone please bump that thread. BTW, I noticed an interesting pattern matching feature in something of mine today. I have a suit of Harrison's blue flannel chalkstripe. It is DB and I ordered it with a lapelled vest. The notch lapels are rolled rather than sewn, but, since the collar doesn't go around my neck (it is just two pieces of cloth sewn to connect the lapel and the back of the vest), my tailor figured he could pull off a neat trick. The chalk stripes line up perfectly where the lapels and collar connect. It is quite cool - each lapel/ collar half looks like it is a single piece of cloth. I have no idea why he did it that way instead of making it look like a normal collar, but he did.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads