1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Would peccary leather make good wallets?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kolecho, Jul 5, 2005.

1. kolecho

kolecho Distinguished Member

Do you think it is tough enough to be used on a wallet?

2. Will

Will Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I can't speak to peccary in particular but the ding on pigskin in general is that it doesn't hold its shape quite as well as calf.

That said, I usually change the style of wallet I use long before I wear them out. If you're like me, peccary will do fine.

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Do most people change their wallets as often as Will? I've always thought wallets were one of those things that people keep for a decade or more.

4. kolecho

kolecho Distinguished Member

The first decent wallet I had lasted 10 years. The one after that lasted 7 years. The next one was changed recently because its design was not very suitable for my purpose anymore.

In the gist, I keep my wallets for a long time as long they suit my purpose.