• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would dark jeans go well with light shoes like these?

Cas Ruffin

Reaction score
I think what everyone's trying to say is that the color might now work with a lot of pairs of pants, including dark jeans. I think it has its place somewhere and you can find some way to wear it if you're really set on buying them.

But if you're asking for everyone's opinion, you should really learn how to take it.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
oh... lol, i searched boot last and nothing came up. thanks nah I'm not really set on that color. So... this is what I've found that I like... further help appreciated as I'm looking for cheaper options at the moment and I really need a nice pair of dress boots in the victorian lace-up style. Edward Green "Shannons": upwards of 1200$ (oh god I'd probably be crazy enough to buy the first pair in that color if there wasn't a 6 month wait) http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...n-2-more-mtos/ Edward Green Andrew: (just thought these are a nice pair that I'd like to own someday) http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...to-andrew-x-2/ Alden 2 tone saddle-shoe: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/wp-...ploads/sad.jpg Grenson Balmoral: 350$ ? http://www.thenaturalshoestore.com/i...&opr_oprid=443 meh.. too expensive.. still cant find anything under 200

DECEMBER

Reaction score
would appreciate some help finding a nice pair of balmoral lace-up boots for under $300.
If possible, with broqueing.

I'll look through more threads again when I have more time.

citoyen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by citoyen
i think the following link will lead you to the original manufacturer of the shoes you originally posted. as for the shoe itself i dont think it is ugly...the colour...yes. i agree with the haters: no!

http://www.riverjunction.com/catalog.../mensshoe.html

you might consider the Red Wing Iron Ranger (random google link) as well.

Calm down now, guys.

you help no one, when puking in other´s threads.

okay...i am stupid myself..but what the heck, i will post it again.
...you obviously do read unconsciously...

all you have to do is: click that pic and read the price of the shoes. and then combine...

DECEMBER

Reaction score
citoyen the shoes you've posted are the original ones I posted and are made by Stacy Adams they retail around $120.00 and were the ones people said were "hideous" I'm not really sure if I like the quality because I was told they were kind of thin. So sorry if I ignored your post but you just posted what I posted. Now I'm looking for balmoral boots with the closed lacing that look like these: Except these are like $400 and would be shipped from the UK (I'm in the US)
3189_balmoral_black.jpg
btw just curious, would it make any sense if the price of one's shoes were 10 times more expensive then any other single piece of one's attire?

citoyen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
I asked about the color.

THE COLOR GODAMIT. this forum is useless.

so...i thought it was about the colour.

i feel so sorry for myself having joined this thread.
plain.gif

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10757845773p.jpg

Now I remember where I saw these:

blades-of-glory-insert-caption-433

DECEMBER

Reaction score
lol. sad thread indeed.

It was about the color but I've decided on a darker color and then someone came along and pointed out balmoral boots to me. I didn't know what it was called... now I'm in a futile search for balmoral boots under 300$

btw don't hate on iceskating

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bounce2.gif
That is all I have to say about this thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the OP:

Please calm down. If you ask for opinions, there will be some that you don't like and are completely unhelpful. That's life on the internet. Ignore them, because unless you have the power to delete and edit posts (raises hand,) you can't win, and it's doubtful that you'll find supporters either.

To everyone else: no need to be an ass. There is CEsspool and Dumb Threads for that.

I agree with the assessment that the originally posted boots are pretty hideous. Aside from the leather looking cheap and flimsy, (and for that difficult color, you want the best leather possible) the boot is a Frankenstein's monster. The open (blucher) lacing doesn't match well with the chunky cap toe, and none of that matches with the quick-lacing. The height of the boot is in a terrible no-man's land between high and low. Nothing is well balanced. The close-laced boots, but comparison, look tremendous.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
well it's more so on this forum but w/e.
At the moment I don't really have enough taste to understand what you mean by balanced,
since the height of that Stacy Adams and the closed-lace boots are the same, I think. Also, the laces can be changed. But yea I don't think the quality is good either so I'm looking at other shoes now.

LAguy, any idea what stores carry alden / edward green brands or spectator boots / oxford balmoral boots
in LA so I could go try them on?

centrix

Reaction score
Hm.. my apologies to AcidicBoy btw, I guess he was commenting on the color. Something wrong with my brain in interpreting information earlier. I thought you were giving me a sarcastic response since that's usually what people give me on these forums. I also assumed that those shoes must go with at least a certain color pair of pants... otherwise why make them? But I guess not.
i honestly believe that there was absolutely 0 sarcasm involved in his beginning comment also, maybe you may want to look up the buying and selling threads and/or look for some of the ebay shoe sellers etc who sell stuff here. they may be able to get you a pair for cheaper than retail eg. david, or distinctive, who seems to be very nice and rather accomodating with my crazy requests so far

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hm.. my apologies to AcidicBoy btw, I guess he was commenting on the color. Something wrong with my brain in interpreting information earlier.
I thought you were giving me a sarcastic response since that's usually what people give me on these forums. I also assumed that those shoes must go with at least a certain color pair of pants... otherwise why make them? But I guess not.

No apologies necessary. Just doing my duty as a responsible citizen.
lol8[1].gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
joker.gif

the funniest thing is that there is nothing (much) wrong with these shoes. Stacy Adams Madisons are well-discussed here and pretty agreed they are a decent value in a style which is hard to find at that price.

But the OPs responses are just moronic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads