• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would Crockett & Jones Beechnut Color Shoes Match an Allen Edmonds Chili Color Belt

sf_esq

Reaction score
I have a pair of Crockett and Jones Hallam in Beechnut. Trying to pick up a belt that matches. Noticed a belt on the Allen Edmonds website in chili color that appears to match fairly well. Does anyone here own a pair of Crockett and Jones shoes in Beechnut and a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes in Chili? Are they fairly similar color wise? Thanks very much for any help.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
close enough. go for it.

Yeah, it appears to be close. Thanks. I take it you own shoes in both colors?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Silly wabbit. Nobody here owns any of this stuff. We just post authoritative-sounding opinions in response to questions from people foolish enough to take clothing advice from strangers on the interwebz.
bigstar[1].gif

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Silly wabbit. Nobody here owns any of this stuff. We just post authoritative-sounding opinions in response to questions from people foolish enough to take clothing advice from strangers on the interwebz.

bigstar[1].gif

Ah, Grimslade. Clearly, I have much to learn.
fing02[1].gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own both. Chili definitely has more of a reddish hue to it than beechnut, which is closer to a natural brown. The beechnut is also darker than chili. However, I do own a chili AE belt and wear it with my beechnut C&Js without really thinking about it. If you are anal and compulsive the non-matching may bother you. Otherwise, I think the colors are reasonably close enough that it doesn't bother me.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
I own both. Chili definitely has more of a reddish hue to it than beechnut, which is closer to a natural brown. The beechnut is also darker than chili. However, I do own a chili AE belt and wear it with my beechnut C&Js without really thinking about it. If you are anal and compulsive the non-matching may bother you. Otherwise, I think the colors are reasonably close enough that it doesn't bother me.

Thanks. So long as it's reasonably close and within the general palette, that works for me. It's a somewhat unusual color to match with a belt. Went to BB today and found that the neither the dark brown nor the burgundy colors matched. It's almost in between. Then, was checking out the AE website and noticed that chili seemed fairly close. I find that the beechnut has quite a bit of red in it as well.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Update for anyone who may be interested. Went to the new and relocated AE store in San Francisco. Took my Hallams and compared chili and brown belts. The regular brown (not dark brown) was closer to the color of the Hallams and is a better match for beechnut, although some of the chili color belts weren't far off the color (for some reason, some of the chili belts were darker than the others, and the darker ones were close). A happy ending.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads