Would anybody here wear...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nick M, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

I'm not selling one (yet) but I have the opportunity to pick one up really cheap - think, pennies - to resell. It's by Baumler, 6X2 DB, side vents, gold buttons + spares, pockets still stitched up, the remnants of a price tag still attached to one button. The cloth is 'Laser' by Dormeuil, but, well... It's burgundy. Â [​IMG] If I put it on eBay, think anyone would bite? Would anyone here wear such a thing, or is it purely the province of golfers?

2. MPS

MPS Senior member

Have you ever seen the show "I'm Alan Partridge"? The protagonist wears a burgundy blazer.

To answer your question in a more direct manner: no, I'd never wear a burgundy blazer, especially not a DB one with brass buttons.

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The rule of ebay is, if you won't wear it somebody else will. That is if they have ever heard of the label. Baumler sort of rings a bell but I can't recall exactly why. What's the skinny on them?

4. Alias

Alias Senior member

Actually, the staff of a local hotel dresses in burgundy blazers.

5. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Yeah, Baumler rings a bell with me, but again, I can't exactly say why. I think I've seen them in British GQ, and I vaguely recall them being German.

Hmm, Alan Partridge, hotel staff... neither of these are encouraging, think I'll give it a miss. Thanks, guys...

6. Mr_Sweden

Mr_Sweden Active Member

Close, but no cigar. Actually, it's an Austrian company. Here's the website: http://www.baeumler.at/ /mr S