• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Would a light tan corduroy suit look good?

strikezoom

Reaction score
Well, I'm facing a dilemma right now. I was on the look for a dark brown or navy corduroy sportcoat. Then someone was selling a barely won light tan color Zegna su misura corduroy suit. The fabric is cashco. There were two persons going hard for it. I put in a bid halfheartly and of course didn't win. But today I woke up and found I got a second chance offer for the suit. The price would be less than $190, which I think is a great deal if it looks good on me.
So there is the question, what do you think a light color coduroy jacket will look like? Would you prefer a darker color one? I normally only wear darker color suits and jackets because I think it will make me look slimmer.
Here are a few pics I borrowed from the auction:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it would look fine. I prefer lighter corduroy to dark.

starcrash

Reaction score
Make sure the Second Chance offer is legitimate and not a scam. I used to get those all the time.

strikezoom

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. The offer shows up on my ebay page so looks like it's from the seller. Actually I was wondering why both bidders would drop out of the auction. Is there a way to tell whether it's a scam?
Thanks

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by strikezoom
Thanks for the advice. The offer shows up on my ebay page so looks like it's from the seller. Actually I was wondering why both bidders would drop out of the auction. Is there a way to tell whether it's a scam? Thanks
Write an email to the seller to check. The suit looks good. But does the suit looks good on you?! We don't know without a picture.

potter AB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by strikezoom
I normally only wear darker color suits and jackets because I think it will make me look slimmer.

We are often blocked in our mind by that kind of own rules. I think it is good to break them once in a while.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the suit for what it is worth. For the second chance, e-mail the seller. It could be that they have two or more in the same size. If so, just make sure it's exactly the same. Do the usual stuff and check feedback, etc. too.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.