• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Would 4x1 db, wide lapel make this tux too old fashioned?

RoseGardener

Reaction score
This is an eBay tux, I might buy for a pending function. It has rather wide lapel on a 4 x 1 double breasted, would this look too '80ish in a modern gathering? or it's ok since it will be a somewhat shortish, and tight fit on me.

Bromley

Reaction score
I like it. The lapel doesn't seem too wide-- looks more or less typical for a DB jacket. If any features are distinct, it's the broad shoulders and full chest. You mentioned that it fits a little tight. If you're considering an alteration, maybe let something out so it's not as tight. The jacket should hang from the shoulders and not cling to you around the middle.

Chowkin

Reaction score
The sleeves look too short. Please ask the seller for exact measurements

toplel

Reaction score
Formal wear isn't really my thing but google tuxedo and look at the pictures that come back.

Spoiler those look REALLY wide!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.