Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Worth Keeping Two Pairs of Black Cap Toe Oxfords?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Beach Bum, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Good Evening All,

Hoping to get some advice. Basically, should I keep the Santoni Quentin shoes I bought a few days ago at Nordstrom Rack? Or is this addition to an "average sized" shoe collection redundant since already own a pair of Bruno Magli Maioco?

I got a good deal on the Santonis, but I'm in the market for a burgundy colored and'or shell cordovan style shoe, so would return the shoes if it seems like they aren't needed at this point I've owned a few AEs but beyond these have never spent > $200 on shoes, so am just starting to spend more on good shoes.

From side-by-side comparison I do prefer the Santoni shoe, but haven't worn it yet so don't know enough. Any comparative opinions worth sharing? The Santoni is not FAM (nearly certain). Here are Nordstrom links to both shoes:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/santoni-quentin-cap-toe-oxford-men/3170835
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bruno-magli-maioco-oxford/2934413

Also here are some pics, the first few are the Bruno Maglis and the next few are the Santoni, and final one is one on each foot. Also before I forget, can someone point me to a helpful site on how best to lace up your shoes? I lace all shoes like they are Nikes but I assume there are preferred styles to follow. Thanks for the advice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

It depends on how frequently you wear dress shoes. If you wear suits and dress pants a few times per week, then it may make sense to keep both so that you don't have to wear (out) the same pair of shoes multiple days in a row. If you only wear them every blue moon, then it may not make sense.

The fact that you're asking this question gives me the impression that you were the victim of compulsive buying. If that's the case and you're questioning your decision, then I think that you have your answer.

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Keep the pair on the right foot.
    Welcome to Styleforum.

4. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Keep both. In the event of inclement weather, wear the pair which is less dear.

5. rikod

rikod Senior member

Definitely