• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worth it to buy shoes off ebay at 33% with no box if it is my exact size?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy shoes that retail for $475 + tax = $515. It is the current model and my exact size (I already own one pair). The seller wants $345 + free shipping. That's exactly 33% off. He is a dealer with 100% feedback and says they are a floor model with lightly sanded soles to prevent returns, with no dust bag or box. Is it worth it or should I just pay full retail?

bibs

Reaction score
i've bought a lot of shoes over at ebay but never the highly replicated ones. what brand are you planning to score from the bay ?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Its the exact same shoe, you just want a backup? If so, of course its worth it - so long as they are not ordinarily available in your size at a discount.

It's a different color Testoni.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got him to lower the price to $325 shipped and saved $200 off retail.

Icehawk

Reaction score
You'd pass on a pair of shoes because of the lack of a box and shoe bags? Wow. Unless it came with a sick display box like Zegna XXX Signatures, big deal. You can always ask if the seller will put them in a random shoe box & toss in a shoe bag from somewhere.

Ah, I see you went for it after getting a further price reduction.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep all my shoes in bags or boxes and it really keeps the dust off and looking new. It's a PITA to put them on and take them off but it's well worth it.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
I keep all my shoes in bags or boxes and it really keeps the dust off and looking new. It's a PITA to put them on and take them off but it's well worth it.

As do I, but it's not a big deal to get a generic bag IMO. My Zegna's are in a random Prada bag the SA found, I didn't let the lack of proper box & bag keep me from getting a sweet deal (and it sounds like you didn't either).

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
33% off is not a great deal for Testoni. Unless the style is never available at a discount - which I doubt because the seller got his pair at a better discount than he's giving you (lightly sanded soles to prevent return, or remove price markings?)

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as its legit, new and for a good price, I seriously couldn't care less whether it comes with the box and bags. That being said, does ehaberdasher not stock your model of a testonis? Ben has them for sale at $299 + shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads