1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Worth it? (Shoe related)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by micbain, Aug 18, 2008.

1. micbain

micbain Senior member

2. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

They appear to be women's shoes?

3. micbain

micbain Senior member

4. pajames

pajames Well-Known Member

Go with the Monks

5. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Those are listed as women's shoes. Is that just an error?

6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

says mens shoes at the top of the page, the santonis look like a good deal to me, and they're a nice looking shoe.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

says mens shoes at the top of the page, the santonis look like a good deal to me, and they're a nice looking shoe.
    +1

8. mishon

mishon Senior member

I'd call YOOX and inquire to be sure, although there is nothing feminine about those Santonis. I prefer them to the Marteganis, and think they would look good casually or with a suit. The price is decent if unspectacular but you likely can't find anything better at this price point.

P.S. Just noticed these have a rubber sole. That makes it a tougher decision.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I have some rubber-soled Santonis and I really like them. I did however get them for a fair amount cheaper then that Yoox price. If you play around on ebay and the like you may be able to find something similar, considerably cheaper.

Incidentally, while I like them a lot, the rubber sole does make it impossible to really dress them up. I have actually thought about trying to have a cobbler replace it with a leather sole. Is this advisable/possible?