1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Worst present ever?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Saltricks, Jul 1, 2010.

1. S. Paul

S. Paul Senior member

[​IMG] me tears a flowin

not sure if this is tongue-in-cheek or not, Sho', but i wasnt trying to be a downer on this funny thread, just sharing my story. that cozy was horrendous but even more so to a teenager. haha.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Could this possibly be one of the funniest threads in SF history? I'm laughing hard at most of these. The very definition of schadenfreude. Please carry on....

3. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

Back when we were poor, Mrs. Piob greatly admired some heirloom combs. I thought they would look incredible in her long hair but did not have the cash to buy them. So what I did was sell my favorite possession, my pocket watch that had been handed down in my family for generations. I was very pleased with the thought of seeing her face on Xmas morning when she opened the box and saw the wonderful combs for her beautiful hair.

Xmas morning came and she gave me a gift. It was a wonderful chain for my pocket watch...the watch I had just sold! Then I noticed she had cut her hair. She had sold her hair to buy my watch chain!

[​IMG]

Wow. i cant believe OHenry even wrote a story about that too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_of_the_Magi

stop fraudin.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Could this possibly be one of the funniest threads in SF history? I'm laughing hard at most of these. The very definition of schadenfreude. Please carry on....

i hope you received a carton of cigarettes for christmas when you were 10.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Wow. i cant believe OHenry even wrote a story about that too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_of_the_Magi

stop fraudin.

Maybe you should go take a peak at the link in white in my last post. [​IMG]

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

This thread is worthless without pics.

My wife used her employee discount to pick up some software for a cow-orker of mine many years ago.
    Cow-orker's wife made us this. It was actually a fairly thoughtful thing for her to do.
    It has decorated our garage for many years.
    [​IMG]

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Back when we were poor, Mrs. Piob greatly admired some heirloom combs. I thought they would look incredible in her long hair but did not have the cash to buy them. So what I did was sell my favorite possession, my pocket watch that had been handed down in my family for generations. I was very pleased with the thought of seeing her face on Xmas morning when she opened the box and saw the wonderful combs for her beautiful hair. Xmas morning came and she gave me a gift. It was a wonderful chain for my pocket watch...the watch I had just sold! Then I noticed she had cut her hair. She had sold her hair to buy my watch chain! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] at the reactions bitch, why'd you cut your hair??!!

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I'm almost feeling bad for this one. Almost.

9. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

When I was 7 my sister gave me some pink VS underwear, with a CD hidden underneath. Unfortunately I ran from the room crying before I discovered the CD. At 14 I wasn't given anything for Christmas, my parents forgot me, but not my siblings or eachother.
    This happened to me on my birthday and Christmas... fml my parents made some lame ass excuse and got me a "present" later. they basically got me something they were going to get me anyways, so I still lost out on a real present.

10. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

This last christmas a family friend bought all my siblings $20 iTune gift cards. She bought me a lilic air freshener.

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

What every seven year old boy wants: [​IMG] [​IMG] And now I have 3K+ posts on a fashion forum. Fuck you uncle Brian!

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

What every seven year old boy wants:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now I have 3K+ posts on a fashion forum. Fuck you uncle Brian!

LOL

13. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Back when we were poor, Mrs. Piob greatly admired some heirloom combs. I thought they would look incredible in her long hair but did not have the cash to buy them. So what I did was sell my favorite possession, my pocket watch that had been handed down in my family for generations. I was very pleased with the thought of seeing her face on Xmas morning when she opened the box and saw the wonderful combs for her beautiful hair.

Xmas morning came and she gave me a gift. It was a wonderful chain for my pocket watch...the watch I had just sold! Then I noticed she had cut her hair. She had sold her hair to buy my watch chain!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

My grandmother sent me a card for my recent birthday. I'm sure it's laying around somewhere, but the only actual mention of my birthday is the cat on the front of the card. The rest of it is spent telling me why I was a bad grandson. I visited this woman only a few weeks before that. [​IMG] Her daughter (my aunt) sent me a card saying that a $15 donation to the Catholic church had been made in my name.

15. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Not me, but my sister:

My father and I got my little sister a Log (a la "Ren & Stimpy") that is, we went to a wood pile and wrapped an actual log. She had to be 9-10 years old or so. I thought it was hilarious but she burst into tears. Then she was given her real present [​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. closetmess

closetmess Senior member

Got a used 5 series when I asked for a new 3 series.

17. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

Every year, continuously, I get the worst presents from my brother in Brooklyn. He doesn't do too bad for himself... I mean, he is an investment banker WITH a job, unlike 75% of the other investment bankers still living off unemployment right now. But he's very frugal, and thus results to shopping at China Town for everyone's Christmas presents. It's fucking ridiculous.

Some notable ones was a bottle of Burberry perfume he gave to my sister. We all doubted its authenticity being that it came from my brother, so she took one whiff of it and then threw it in the garbage. We called him up the next day and asked him where he got it from. You bet ya. China motha fuckin Town.

One of my favorite china town presents was a miniature sized poker set. The coins were the size of my thumbnail, and the cards the size of my thumb. I'm not sure how one is to play poker with a set that small. Oh well.

18. word

word Senior member

J Crew cardigan last christmas. [​IMG]

19. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

As much as that must have sucked, I think that's really great. Clearly you were meant to be...

Yes, truly gifts worthy of the Magi.

20. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

My grandmother sent me a card for my recent birthday. I'm sure it's laying around somewhere, but the only actual mention of my birthday is the cat on the front of the card. The rest of it is spent telling me why I was a bad grandson. I visited this woman only a few weeks before that. [​IMG] Her daughter (my aunt) sent me a card saying that a $15 donation to the Catholic church had been made in my name.

useless. this is bad.