• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst movie sequel of all time?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Troll 2

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
^Yeah, but Troll sucked, so what did you expect. Plus, at least Troll 2's worth a cheap thrill.^
For me, it's Highlander II, and Star Wars EPs I & II. Both were such bitter disappointments.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indiana Jones 4
Jurassic Park: Lost World (What a crock of **** that was)

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
^Yeah, but Troll sucked, so what did you expect. Plus, at least Troll 2's worth a cheap thrill.^
For me, it's Highlander II, and Star Wars EPs I & II. Both were such bitter disappointments.

Yeah, there definitely has to be a drop in quality for it to be disappointing.

Highlander 2 definitely.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nobody ever said worst=disappointing in terms of context with the original.
They just said worst.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Superman IV. It was the only time I played hooky to catch a movie, and wished I'd gone to school instead.
My chief complaint with that movie is scientific. How does DNA from Superman's hair produce some blond Aryan looking dude who appears, fully formed, in an orange-ish jumpsuit? Other than that, I buy the rest of the premise.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGoodBytes
Mannequin Two: On the Move
This is such an awful movie. Seriously, no other response is even close (and many of the responses are deeply flawed movies). The whole concept for for the Mannequin franchise is so bad to begin with (a beautiful Mannequin comes to life, but only when its alone with the films protagonist), but then this unholy abortion of a film then proceeds to fill its running time with one absurd cliche after another. To the OP: should our responses be sequels to movies that were good. If not, I would put forth Ski School 2 and Revenge of the Nerds 3: The Next Generation. You know things aren't going well for your franchise when you can't get Anthony Edwards to sign on for the next installment.
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
My chief complaint with that movie is scientific. How does DNA from Superman's hair produce some blond Aryan looking dude who appears, fully formed, in an orange-ish jumpsuit? Other than that, I buy the rest of the premise.
Apparently, Lex Luther was very good at utilizing all of Superman's recessive genes.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Troll 2
Did you read Roger Ebert's review of the documentary made about the cult following of this movie. It's pretty interesting. I'd love to watch the doc. Apparently, the film is the only film to have a perfect zero on Rotten Tomatoes.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Xmen 3

Underrated, IMO. I'm being serious.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Weekend at Bernie's 2

/threak

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is way-OT, but I kinda wish that Better Off Dead had spawned a sequel. It probably would have sucked, badly, but still. It would have been nice to have.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Nobody ever said worst=disappointing in terms of context with the original. They just said worst.
I'm not even sure if you can call it a sequel. It has literally nothing to do with the original Troll, and is only called Troll 2 because director Claudio Fragasso wanted to cash in on the Troll name(
lol8[1].gif
). Different plot style, characters, antagonists, director, cast and crew, and distribution company. That said, a ******* awful film, and as Biggskip said, watch the documentary if you haven't, it's very interesting.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Police Academy 4 & 6
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Weekend at Bernie's 2
Between W@B and the Mannequin movies I would say that Andrew McCarthy has built himself a pretty little empire.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Indiana Jones 4
Jurassic Park: Lost World (What a crock of **** that was)

Holy ****, forgot about Jurassic Park 2. What a steaming pile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads