1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Worst movie ever

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Ambulance Chaser, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Lem was definitely one of the best sci-fi writers up there, almost on par with PKD, in my opinion. Neither film, although I did enjoy both, really fully captured the tone and soul of the book.

koji

2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

3. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

The problem is, I never remember movies I saw that are bad. They go out of my mind even before I leave the theatre.

I guess Matrix II was so bad I didn't even bother with III.

Those Chow Yun Fat Hollywood movies were pretty bad too, like Replacement Killer and Bulletproof Monk . Oh wait, I didn't see the latter. The RK taught me a good lesson.

4. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd like to nominate most of the Ben Affleck canon...

5. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

I absolutely HATED "The Hours"... one of the greatest waste of my time.

6. AAA

AAA Senior member

Originally Posted by AAA,Mar. 14 2005,21:19
    Uncle Rico throwing the football....
    Say it ain't so . . . I thought this movie was hilarious.
    Napoleon: This is pretty much the worst video ever made. Kip: Napoleon, like anyone can even know that. I think people either love or hate ND. Personally I love it, but I know a lot of people think it was the worst movie of 2004.

7. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I second the nomination.

Anyone understand why he still commands big money?

8. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

.....hands waiving..... edited, oops to late, motion carried....[​IMG]

9. Cliff

Cliff Senior member

How about......the world famous......ISHTAR ? Now there's a film worth mentioning.

10. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Vertical Limit starring Chris O'donnell.
    I saw it while trapped on a bus on a six hour ride.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Oh god... I almost forgot how horrible that movie was, compounded by the fact that it was one of the worst technically filmed movies I've ever seen. I couldn't help but count the boom mikes that I saw during the film. (I don't remember the exact count, but it was something like seven seperate occasions) And about ten minutes from the end of the movie, during the climax of the movie - the lens hood on the principal camera falls onto the lens. I can only hope that the director/editor/writer/and producer are now homeless and will never put out that kind of garbage again.

12. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

I finally saw "The Village" and I must say it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, as is "Unbreakable," another film by Shmymalamanalanman or whatever the hell his name his. What a hack.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Actually, I thought that those were his two "good" movies...

Obviously you never saw Signs. I also thought The Sixth Sense was highly overrated.

I actually liked Unbreakable - if for no other reason than he made a comic book movie that had no appeal at all to children.

14. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

mmmm, icy dead people...

3 men and a baby / and a little lady.

any of those 'look who's talking' things.

and many other movies starring kids and/or animals. (especially that 'star wars ep 1', which had kids, fake animals, and jar-jar binks.) ok also any movie that contains jar-jar binks.

/andrew

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Last night, I saw an all-time stinker:  Body of Evidence, starring Madonna.

16. SmartDresser

SmartDresser Well-Known Member

Ya, Independence Day had me laughing for 90 min. Saw a movie this week on TV, Conair. A group of convicts capture an airplane in an attempt to escape. Lame script in the first half. No script in the second half, just Bing, Bang, Bom. So insipit, had me laughing for most of the movie. So, maybe they did have some value. [​IMG]

17. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I imagine that anything with madonna in it would garnish this illustrious title. Imagine a script with Ben Affleck starring as leading male role and madonna as leading female. Probably make Gigli look like a blockbuster. [​IMG]

18. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I don't know if I'm being redundant, but I caught Message in a Bottle on a flight back from Europe. I was so bored by it, that I switched to the French dubbed version to see if I could learn any.

19. j

j Senior member Admin

Equilibrium. Pat Bateman does Gun-fu in a Matrix-ripoff environment. So bad I actually stopped it before the end. I couldn't drink enough to get through this crap.

On a movie related note, can anyone name a movie besides "K-19: The Widowmaker" or the Star Wars movies, in which Harrison Ford plays a non-American character? I saw a preview for k-19 yesterday and thought it really weird that Han Solo was playing a Russkie. Even Han Solo is a pretty American guy. Ford must be the most-American actor ever, as far as I can tell. Among major "serious" actors anyway.

20. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I can't think of any others - although in The Mosquito Coast he was an American who wanted to get away from America.

K-19 is OK - not the best submarine movie ever, but it's certainly not the worst. If you liked Grey Lady Down or The Hunt for Red October, you'll probably like this one.

Bradford