1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Worst movie ever

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Ambulance Chaser, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

GREAT list. [​IMG] koji

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

3. TheRookie

TheRookie Senior member

Without question, "The Truth About Charlie" (Mark Wahlberg).

Almost as bad, but lacking a "mainstream" movie star was "Final Destination."

As bad as Armageddon is, I always find myself watching it when it comes on. One of those bad but I can't turn it off movies. I must disagree with railing on Gladiator, Forrest Gump, and Castaway, all of which I enjoyed immensely.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Hahahaha.

I'm sorry, I don't why, but I found that hilarious.

Jon.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

[​IMG] Maybe if MIT would just upgrade the damn computer. [​IMG] Jon.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

hmmm.... bad list continued:

American Idol: From Justin to Kelly - the movie? I don't even want to watch the tv show.

Night At The Roxbury/Its Pat/any number of ill-concieved SNL skits turned into movies

Simon Sez - Simon Sez stick to basketball Rodman.

New Rose Hotel - when Christopher Walken, Willem Dafoe, and Director Abel Ferrara can't save a movie based on a story by William Gibson, you know it sucks.

Kangaroo Jack - An hour and a half long mix of home alone, crocodile dundee, and Sliders. Yep, its as bad as it sounds.

All of the Batman movies except the first two

Speed 2: Cruise Control

Body Of Evidence - Willem Dafoe naked (ugh) Madonna naked (ugh) I may never recover.

The Country Bears - A movie based on (and starring) animatronic hick bears who play the banjo and blow across empty moonshine jugs.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

TokyoSlim, do you really watch this many bad movies? That requires active pursuit of them, and some of your group, man, there was no chance for a good time watching them. I just realized I can no longer write coherently. I feel like what I just wrote was translated poorly.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

For about uh... six years... I watched EVERY movie that came out in the theater, and went and rented out blockbuster, hollywood video, and was working on draining Best Buy of all its movies as well. I really just don't have the time anymore to watch as many movies as I would like. [​IMG]

10. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Wow - I can't believe so many of you hate Armageddon.

I actually kind of liked that movie and my wife really likes it - in fact I just purchased the 2-disk Criterion collection DVD.

I also have to disagree with putting The Cooler on this list - I thought that film was pretty well done.

Koji - you've met my wife, so you can disagree with her view of Armageddon, but thanks for posting the Phantom Menace review - that was great and so, so completely true...

Bradford

11. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I actually kinda liked "The Truth about Charlie" even though it was a travesty of the original.

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

14. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

(Thracozaag @ 21 Dec. 2004, 3:10) This pretty much sums it up, too (with a nice story to boot): http://ruthlessreviews.com/movies/c/coyoteugly.html
    Coyote Ugly wasn't a great movie, but had lots of talent... if you know what i'm saying.
    Well, why not just rent a playboy video, then?

15. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

(TheRookie @ 21 Dec. 2004, 1:18) Without question, "The Truth About Charlie" (Mark Wahlberg). Almost as bad, but lacking a "mainstream" movie star was "Final Destination." As bad as Armageddon is, I always find myself watching it when it comes on. One of those bad but I can't turn it off movies. I must disagree with railing on Gladiator, Forrest Gump, and Castaway, all of which I enjoyed immensely.
    I actually kinda liked "The Truth about Charlie" even though it was a travesty of the original.
    I gotta admit, I sorta of liked it too (Thandie Newton was probably a large portion of that)

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

(drizzt3117 @ 21 Dec. 2004, 3:28)
    This pretty much sums it up, too (with a nice story to boot): http://ruthlessreviews.com/movies/c/coyoteugly.html
    Coyote Ugly wasn't a great movie, but had lots of talent... if you know what i'm saying.
    Well, why not just rent a playboy video, then?
    Piper Perabo and Bridget Moynihan are a couple of my favorite actresses, and the others aren't too bad either, including that Czech girl, the concept was kinda neat too. I didn't think it was a captivating movie but it was interesting nonetheless. John Goodman was amusing, but he usually is.

17. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

The recent remake of Rollerball.

In fact virtually any remake (or reimagining) although a notable exception is John Carpenter's The Thing, one of my all time favourites.

How did I forget Pearl Harbour, a good call.

18. Eric

Eric Senior member

Holy God, how did I forget this one. Don't blame me, my friends insisted on watching this peice of crap, and I haven't forgiven them since.

Eric

19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have not seen Armageddon, but it's hard to believe that it could be worse than Independence Day.

20. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

It's a toss-up (literally).

koji