• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst hotel--can anyone beat this?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's pretty revolting.

mink31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Well, it is in Detroit.

Haha, I think one of the reviews is titled: "the Leland is Detroit"

But you're right, what can you expect? Except it was actually a Ramada until recently, so you'd have to expect a certain level of comfort.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Four Seasons it aint. And to add insult to injury you are in Detroit.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I can't stop laughing from these reviews. I like how people recommend it for those with disabilities. I like how all but one person found most of these reviews useful.

I've never stayed in a really bad place. I think the worst might have been the hostel in Amsterdam, but that wasn't even that bad. I did sleep in a train station in Pisa one night, but it doesn't sound as bad as this place.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The only bad hotel expeirence I had was at The Marquette in downtown Minneapolis.

I had requested a king/queen room; but, when we checked in we were given a room with two twin beds and told that the hotel had nothing else available. This is a huge hotel and it was on a weekday with no conventions or games going on.
I think the front desk clerk did not want to promote homosexuality. The dirty looks he was giving also helped solidify this thought.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The only bad hotel expeirence I had was at The Marquette in downtown Minneapolis.

I had requested a king/queen room; but, when we checked in we were given a room with two twin beds and told that the hotel had nothing else available. This is a huge hotel and it was on a weekday with no conventions or games going on.
I think the front desk clerk did not want to promote homosexuality. The dirty looks he was giving also helped solidify this thought.

Maybe Mrpologuy was working the desk that day.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, I stayed at a place in Peru that I couldn't stand upright inside. The roof was too low. Of course it was only $2 a night so I didn't complain.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Karo

Reaction score
Try staying at a hotel in China.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother slept in a child's bed in some Godforsaken mountain town in India near the Nepalese border one night -- apparently they have some pretty impressive flying roaches thereabouts.

tlmusic

Reaction score
These people who stayed at the Leland are gutsy! I've lived near Detroit for over 20 years, and I would be afraid to walk on the street in front of that hotel in broad daylight. ...and know my way around Detroit very well.

All the nice hotels in the Detroit metro area are in the suburbs, which is unfortunate for the downtown.

There is a restoration underway for the Book Cadillac hotel in downtown Detroit, which was the tallest hotel in the world when built in 1924.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westin_Book-Cadillac_Hotel

We'll have to see IF they complete the restoration, and how long the place stays nice
plain.gif

mink31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tlmusic
There is a restoration underway for the Book Cadillac hotel in downtown Detroit, which was the tallest hotel in the world when built in 1924.

It's being done by Westin and is scheduled to be finished by Fall 2008 (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=3001)

This seems like a questionable decision that I hope doesn't put Westin out of business
confused.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've learned to always make a reservation after doing a bit of due diligence on the hotel, if possible. I've had too many bad experiences to not research the specific hotel first. I haven't always liked to plan every stop in advance, but because of bad meals and lodging, everything is now planned in advance.

mikej77

Reaction score
Those are some of the funniest reviews I have ever read.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads