1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Ebay buyer EVAR

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gladhands, Apr 27, 2012.

1. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

So, I sell this guy a pair of AE's for 30 bucks. He wins the auction in the middle of a weekday and sends me this message:

I've paid for the item. Please ship it today and provide me with a tracking # and carrier.

Right then and there, I knew this was not going to be a smooth transaction.

Five days later this series of messages is exchanged:

]2/29 Buyer: Hi, received my shoes today. There are more wrinkles than the pictures indicate in natural light. In addition, the way they were packaged has permanently created a depression in the leather upper of the shoes. I'd like a fee reduction or reimbursement of some sort because of the damage due to the packaging

2/29 me: Please send me a picture of said damage. The shoes were packed in a USPS priority mail shoe box, and inside of a plastic bag to prevent water damage

2/29 buyer: Here are the pictures:
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn303/txmpepper/P1100907.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn303/txmpepper/P1100906.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn303/txmpepper/P1100905.jpg

As you can see, both shoes have depressions - due to packaging - where the shoe naturally will develop creases. These depressions were not present in the listing's pictures, which I've saved

2/29 me: The difference in creasing is due the shoes being photographed with trees inserted. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with them. I am willing to offer you a full refund if you return them to me, however I will not offer any sort of price reduction.

4/25 I apologize for getting back to you so late - I've been stationed out of state for a while. I just got the chance to examine the shoes again and would like to opt for the refund. I brought it to the most reputable leather/boot shop in Santa Clara and the owner said that he cannot completely remove the wrinkles(or mostly anyways) and that I should get them recrafted completely. I did not expect to need to do this based on the pictures and have been informed the process is about 5x what I paid for the shoes, so I would like to return them to you

Did I mention the fact that he ahs yet to leave me feedback?

2. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

At this rate, I'd just give him his $30 back and wait for positive feedback then provide a link to this page here

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  4. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Those shoes are cursed. I previously sold them for signicantly more, and that buyer never sent payment. The second highest bidder didn't take the 2nd chance offer. I re-list it and get this guy.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

:( this guys is a moron.

6. Nerkg

Nerkg Senior member

He took them to have creases removed? Lol! Tell him to put shoe trees in, then he will prob say ohhhhhh I'll keep them now

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

shoe tree will cost more than the shoe..

8. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

What size are those shoes?

9. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

He obviously expected them to never wrinkle/wear/stretch like good leather does. Tell him to go to Kmart to get shoes like those

10. satorstyle

satorstyle Senior member

If they're 10.5's I may have a buyer.

11. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

that^^

12. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

....unfreakin believable what kind of unreasonable expectations for a $30 AE. imo, that's a great deal, given the condition of the item. is the person a member here?
    anyways....

13. connoisSHOEr

connoisSHOEr New Member

Since you decided to publicly air this:

The right shoe also has a sticky residue all over it. It smells like pureed sweet potatoes.

1 person likes this.
  14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:slapfight:

1 person likes this.
  15. sns23

sns23 Senior member

Haha. My experience is that 90%of ebay buyers are complete idiots, especially when your item targets lower income individuals.

16. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

You gotta remember though, a good share of the bottom feeders on Ebay and CL are deal-chasers and item flippers. They solely buy in order to re-sell for profit, that's why they'll try every trick in the book to get reimbursements etc...to maximize profit.

But of course, you also have some legit buyers with insane expectations, no mater how cheap the item is.

17. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Did you see the dates? He's had the shoes for two months. Who knows what condition they're in now.

18. Everett464

Everett464 Senior member

[​IMG]

19. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

I don't know why people offer refunds on ebay. I get if it's your business or significant part of your business but regular joes trying to get rid of their closet crap should offer no refunds no returns and a big buyer beware you are buying USED items with typical wear.

The few things I have sold on Ebay always come with a no returns, no refunds and make sure you know your size and know what your expectations should be for a used whatever.

20. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

I actually list items with as no rerurns. I figured this guy was tryign to shake me down with the implied threat of negative feedback, so I offered him a refund to get rid of him. Besides, I knew I could probably re-sell the shoes for more than he paid. The problem came when he decided to wear the shoes for two months and THEN take me up on the return offer.