• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Dressed Male TV Characters

doughboysc

Reaction score
My picks for worst dressed male TV characters are.

1.)Adrian Monk (Tony Shalhoub on Monk 2002-2009)= He wears a suit and shirt with buttons buttoned up to his collar minus necktie despite being OCD and discharged from San Francisco Police Department after nervous breakdown after his wife's tragic murder.
2.)Balki (Bronson Pinchot on Perfect Strangers 1986-1993)= Wardrobe very tacky IMHO.
3.)Pops (John Witherspoon on The Wayans Brothers 1995-1999)= His funny, but his wardrobe so 1970s.
4.)Mr. Brown (David Mann on Meet The Browns which recently ended)= His wardrobe very tacky.
5.)Michael Ginsberg (Ben Feldman on Mad Men 2007-present)= Mixes patterns alot. Very 1960s.

What's your picks?

doughboysc

Reaction score
Kareem Harrison from A Different World?

doughboysc

Reaction score
Kareem Hardison from A Different World?

calcoast

Reaction score
Nick Cannon, host of America's Got Talent...

Stugotes

Reaction score
Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad.

AndyMG

Reaction score
Five posts in and no mention for Will Smith in The Fresh Prince yet?

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dwayne F. Schneider

Eb

Mr. Haney

He's movin' kinda slow, Uncle Joe

Larry, his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl

Lot of these backwoods, hillbilly types on Yank TV.

Last edited:

UglyJoe

Reaction score
Um, doesn't it make more sense to post characters that are trying to look good and fail than to post characters that are trying for something whacky or stereotypical (like the rednecks)?

calcoast

Reaction score
^^^Exactly, obviously a comedic character is going to look/dress more foolish than a dramatic character.

UglyJoe

Reaction score

His shoes are awful also.
YES! YES YES YES YES YES!

I cannot figure out what he is doing with those damn ties. The second pic makes so much more sense (I hadn't seen him with his coat unbuttoned). I always thought he must be tying his know around a wad of newspaper to get that large of a knot, or had his ties custom made for that knot, but now I know he just ties it about 8 inches too short.

Also worst football analyst EVER.

schrag

Reaction score
I think NCIS (something the wife watches) has some horribly dressed male characters... Maybe I've only noticed early seasons and it's gotten better.

Gibbs -> White crewneck under Polo & Sport Coat :facepalm:

DiNozzo -> Skinny, ties with a small, loose knot paired with a big point collar :confused:

Too many dark dress shirts under dark suits.

The Medical Examiner/Coroner (Duckie) has some good bow tie style, though. I guess I mostly watch historical/period fiction, so the costumes are hard to criticize (Borgias, Tudors, Rome, Game of Thrones Victorian/Edwardian Drama, etc).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads