• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Airport in America?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another airport I ******* hate:

Frankfurt

The terminal names make no sense (like AB1 AA2 or whatever the ****), and absolutely endless, epic journeys to get to your gate.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField

Frankfurt

The terminal names make no sense (like AB1 AA2 or whatever the ****), and absolutely endless, epic journeys to get to your gate.

oh, come on, I love Frankfurt, its my favorite airport outside of Aisa.

you can get anywhere from there, good food, fantastic lounges, since the first gulf war they hardly ever have delayed flights.

getting around makes a lot of sense, but it does take some time to learn the airport. I've been through that airport somewhere more than 300 times, first time was 20 years ago.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
oh, come on, I love Frankfurt, its my favorite airport outside of Aisa.

you can get anywhere from there, good food, fantastic lounges, since the first gulf war they hardly ever have delayed flights.

getting around makes a lot of sense, but it does take some time to learn the airport. I've been through that airport somewhere more than 300 times, first time was 20 years ago.

what? Zurich is so much better than Frankfurt.

Mauby

Reaction score
In the US, my vote goes to Miami. The delays there are ridiculous --and that's coming from a guy who flies out of O'Hare a couple times a month. If you ever had the pleasure of going through customs there, my condolences. Of course, Miami is heaven if you've ever had the pleasure of airports in the islands: Barbados, Greneda, Tobago etc. They have like 3 flights leaving the entire day and they can't get it right. S.E. Asian airports are pretty bad as well...Manila, Macau, Jakarta... Singpore (Chiangi) and Kuala Lumpur are incredible though.

A.K.A.

Reaction score

Frankfurt

+1 on dislike of Frankfurt. It smells like an open toilet, makes no sense, and one has to go through security to change concourse. Funny how the Germans love those four-wheeled rolling Rimowa suitcases.

On my last trip through there, an Asian woman had a luggage cart on the moving sidewalk. I don't know how she did it, but she had everyone backed up behind her. I can't figure out how she manuevered that thing around the barracade that is supposed to prevent that.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
In the US, my vote goes to Miami. The delays there are ridiculous --and that's coming from a guy who flies out of O'Hare a couple times a month. If you ever had the pleasure of going through customs there, my condolences.
yeah, Miami is definitely bottom 3 for me as well. it's the one US airport where everyone speaks little to no English. Bangkok airport has better english speakers than MIA

kruze

Reaction score
+1 for LAX hate.

+1 for BOS hate. However, the new terminal they opened was extremely nice and I got thru security very easily. I forgot the terminal but I took a delta flight out of there.

If it wasn't for the traffic outside of San Diego, I'd give it props. Because I usually get there with 0 time to spare and still get to the gate early.

I've been thru ATL a few times and had decent luck. I like the airport due to the amount of food places inside.

I don't mind SFO or OAK. I fly to/fro regularly. However I hate taking the long ass monorail at SFO and I hate the long ass rental car shuttle ride at OAK.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
B O S
D T W
M S Y

JonHecht

Reaction score
I hate LAX with a passion. Due to an airline issue, one of my flights was delayed 4 hours coming into LAX so I missed my connection. They put me up in a hotel for the night and told me that I should be there at X time the next morning to make the flight they gave me. (I needed to make this flight, or it would put me in the sh*tter for a variety of reasons). I arrive 30 minutes early. It turns out that the ticket they gave me was a dud, so I am waiting for someone to deal with it, and I have an exasperated and annoyed look on my face. Some lady who works there walks up to me and starts yelling at me for having my facial expression after waiting for 45 minutes and almost missing a second flight. She just goes on a rant against me and the people around me are completely baffled as to what I did to deserve it. I responded "Did I do something wrong?" "Don't talk to me in that tone!" "I'm sorry?" "These people have been waiting and you have this damned look on your face!" "Umm, I apologize if I--" "Stop speaking, you don't get to talk to me!" At this point I'm just confused as hell, pissed off, and trying to speak as calmly and politely as possible. I ended up trotting across the airport as fast as I could to make my flight after some kind people at security let me cut to the front of the line. Even then, I just made it as they were closing the doors. They also charged me extra money for "late baggage".

jdcpa

Reaction score
San Jose, California's is pretty bad. They are building a new terminal but I will probably be gone by the time it is done. Such is life I guess.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what? Zurich is so much better than Frankfurt.

ok, but much smaller.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zurich is better, just as it should... but its peanuts compared to Frankfurt. Frankfurt is a major hub, totally in a different league and is decent enough

LAX does suck, just not as bad as O'Hare though

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got delayed hardcore at Sea-Tac more than once.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads