• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WORN TWICE. Crockett & Jones Northcote Boots. Size, UK 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expat Simon

Reaction score
I bought these boots at the Crockett & Jones factory shop whilst in the UK. I loved the style of the Northcote boot (and all of their footwear on the 348 last) so I rushed into buying these size Black 11UK boots.

I normally wear a 10 to a 10.5UK, and therefore I am an Idiot. I was probably working on the theory that they would be great with thick socks, or some equally foolish way of brainwashing myself.

Bottom line is that I wore them for a couple of days (making me a double idiot) before I realised that they're just too long for me. So they have been very lightly worn.

While they were bought from the factory shop, and therefore have SUBS printed on the box, the box also has a more specific label which says that they are Men's Samples (i.e. not seconds) and they are also labelled inside as Crockett & Jones for Barney's New York. So I guess they were samples for Barney's?

I would like to get as much of the money back as I can, as while I thought that they were beautiful enough to keep -even if only to put on the mantelpiece above the fire, my wife disagreed. And as that means they've been relegated to a box inside a dark cupboard, then maybe they should be carefully re-homed.

Will come in the original C&J box, with the green C&J cotton storage bags, I'll also double box them before posting. The Northcote retails for £390 GBP new, and I see Conistons at $680 and the Cottesmore at $850 at Barney's so these must run at around $750 US.

My price is flexy (aha, I've learned! That's one less idiotic move), so I will basically take the best offer and then I will post to anywhere on earth (at cost), or extraterrestrially (if any browsing Martians can fit a 11UK and recommend an intergalactic courier)

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads