• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worn in raw denim

modual

Reaction score
So once your raw denim is worn in with creasmarks / distressing do you guys still wear the jeans or throw them to the back of the wardrobe ? I find once they have that "vintage" look about them i tend to wear them with different colours and they become more versatile than the blank look of raw denim. Interested to hear your views

Ott

Reaction score
I wear lots of dry denim and most of my wardrobe is based around that. So, once a pair of jeans has faded to a nice shade of blue, I hardly wear it anymore
teacha.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still wear mine, but not as often as their newly acquired raw competitors. I do have an old favorite pair of Levi's 501 that, although I'd like to wear them more often, I refrain from doing so to prevent them from further thinning and fraying. I'd like to keep them around until I retire.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the whole point of raw denim was eventually to get a vintage look with a great personalized fade. Seems counterintuitive not to wear the jeans after you've made it to that point.

tangerine

Reaction score
The journey is often more interesting than the destination!

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
the destination is pretty damn good as well!

so that tells you how cool the journey is going to be

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I use them as knock around jeans for doing **** around the house, washing the car, hiking, etc.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I still wear mine after they've been worn in. I wear the new ones around to school and sometimes going out, but more often I wear the worn in ones when I go out.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Internet bragging rights :p j/k, kinda

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I still wear mine after they've been worn in. I wear the new ones around to school and sometimes going out, but more often I wear the worn in ones when I go out.

I have noticed that my SC1947s I use for knocking around, but my RRDS that are pretty worn in I will wear out to the bars, clubs, nice dinner, etc., I think the levis repros (japanese jeans included) when they are worn in have a more vintage look, which stears me to wearing them for errands, house cleaning, etc, but my Nudies (more modern cut jeans) that are worn in are still considered more of a dress up jean. Maybe it is just me.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
I've always wondered about this: As soon as someone breaks in a pair, they are looking forward to their next pair. But the whole point is to fade them well so that they will look cool... I am currently breaking in a pair and I can't wait until they start losing indigo like crazy. After that I'll probably wait a few months before even thinking about a new pair.
Seriously though I plan to wear these jeans for years, pre- and post-wash, just to get back at the kids who laugh at me for buying expensive jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads