1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Worn in raw denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by modual, Jul 29, 2006.

1. modual

modual Senior member

So once your raw denim is worn in with creasmarks / distressing do you guys still wear the jeans or throw them to the back of the wardrobe ? I find once they have that "vintage" look about them i tend to wear them with different colours and they become more versatile than the blank look of raw denim. Interested to hear your views

2. Ott

Ott Senior member

I wear lots of dry denim and most of my wardrobe is based around that. So, once a pair of jeans has faded to a nice shade of blue, I hardly wear it anymore [​IMG]

3. DNW

DNW Senior member

I still wear mine, but not as often as their newly acquired raw competitors. I do have an old favorite pair of Levi's 501 that, although I'd like to wear them more often, I refrain from doing so to prevent them from further thinning and fraying. I'd like to keep them around until I retire.

4. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I thought the whole point of raw denim was eventually to get a vintage look with a great personalized fade. Seems counterintuitive not to wear the jeans after you've made it to that point.

5. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

The journey is often more interesting than the destination!

6. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

the destination is pretty damn good as well!

so that tells you how cool the journey is going to be

7. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I use them as knock around jeans for doing shit around the house, washing the car, hiking, etc.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I still wear mine after they've been worn in. I wear the new ones around to school and sometimes going out, but more often I wear the worn in ones when I go out.

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Internet bragging rights :p j/k, kinda

10. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Internet bragging rights :p j/k, kinda

i get the feeling there's a lot of truth in that.

11. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I still wear mine after they've been worn in. I wear the new ones around to school and sometimes going out, but more often I wear the worn in ones when I go out.

I have noticed that my SC1947s I use for knocking around, but my RRDS that are pretty worn in I will wear out to the bars, clubs, nice dinner, etc., I think the levis repros (japanese jeans included) when they are worn in have a more vintage look, which stears me to wearing them for errands, house cleaning, etc, but my Nudies (more modern cut jeans) that are worn in are still considered more of a dress up jean. Maybe it is just me.

12. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

I've always wondered about this: As soon as someone breaks in a pair, they are looking forward to their next pair. But the whole point is to fade them well so that they will look cool... I am currently breaking in a pair and I can't wait until they start losing indigo like crazy. After that I'll probably wait a few months before even thinking about a new pair.
    Seriously though I plan to wear these jeans for years, pre- and post-wash, just to get back at the kids who laugh at me for buying expensive jeans.