world cup

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by matadorpoeta, May 15, 2006.

1. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Poor England. Always such high hopes.

But good on Portugal. They were clearly exhausted from their game against the tournaments quadrennial bridesmaid, the Dutch, and they still got the decision. I think they're going to come up huge in the next game.

2. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Like I said, england is out. Now it's time for brazil to get their ass handed to them on a silver plate...

!luc

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Sorry. Just gotta keep it real every 10 pages or so!

4. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Could somebody explain why the rest of the Latin American countries dislike Argentina. I was reading a article hyping up the game between Germany and Argentina, and it mentioned that. It stated that in 86, in mexico, the mexican crowd was cheering on germany to beat argentina. I would have thought it might be jealousy, like the LA Lakers and NY Yankees hatred seen here in america, but then brazil doesn't seem to suffer the same hate.

a little about argentina: about 50% of the population is of italian descent. they speak spanish with a pseudo-italian accent. (arshenteeeeeeena). they have excellent food and some of the most beautiful women in the world. the people from buenos aires, especially, are known for their good looks.

they are also vain, egotistical, snobs, and very poor losers as well. Their embarrasing reaction after the germany match was of no surprise to anyone in latin america. (they cry and bitch, and start fights and riots at the club level too.)

in america, people tell "polish jokes", where the punchline involves polish people being really dumb. well, in the spanish speaking world, we tell 'argentie jokes', that involve how egotistical they are. there is a saying that when an argentine sees lightning, he immediately strikes a pose, because he thinks God is taking his picture.

i like argentines, and the truth is that nobody hates them. it's just a recognition of the way they are. we root against them in soccer but there is no bad blood on a personal level. in fact, in mexico city and guadalajara there are many ex-patriate argentines. they love mexico, and mexico, well, tolerates them.[​IMG]

still, they need to learn how to lose. rafael nadal recently broke guillermo vilas's record for consecutive victories on clay. vilas is from argentina, so the atp flew him out to europe for some kind of ceremony, and instead of congratulating nadal on his achievement, he started talking trash about how nadal didn't face the top guys, etc... making BS excuses. there was alot of buzz in the tennis world about why vilas would act this way, but they don't understand that he is an argentine, and that is their way.

5. Luc-Emmanuel

They fear us.

I'm going to eat my nuts if we don't win this game.

!luc

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Damn I hate Brazil. Still this one is headed to yet another 0-0 shoutout. Yawn.

7. Luc-Emmanuel

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Henry.

!luc

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

They fear us.

I'm going to eat my nuts if we don't win this game.

!luc

[​IMG]

9. Luc-Emmanuel

10. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

this ref is sucking it.

at least france is holding on.

b

11. Luc-Emmanuel

Et un... et deux ... et TROIS ZERO!!

12. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Brazil goes out in the quarters. I love it! They played crap all tournament and now they pay for it.

Zidane and Ribery were great. That turn by Ribery down on Brazil's end line that almost resulted in a goal was just brilliant.

Congrats Luc-Emmanuel.

Germany vs Italy
    France vs Portugal

Predictions?

I think Germany for sure. And I suspect France over Portugal, but I'm not sure.

bob

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

All hell is breaking loose in Freedom. I am holing up with a bottle of Laphroaig and the RJ cat guarding the door.

14. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Zidane!

Zidane!

Zidane!

15. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

All hell is breaking loose in Freedom. I am holing up with a bottle of Laphroaig and the RJ cat guarding the door.

[​IMG]