world cup

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by matadorpoeta, May 15, 2006.

1. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Great game. Heartbreak for Argentina.

Well, the two best teams in the Cup just played. I think the Argentines outplayed the Germans, but only marginally. I am happy to see the Germans advance.

The damned Brazilians haven't had to play a serious opponent yet in this Cup and their victories have been far from convincing. I REALLY, REALLY hope someone beats them. Problem is their path the finals is just way too easy.

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

this is a game that I am sorry to miss, not because the germans are getting beaten, specifically, but these are two good teams representing two different cultures that love football
    ? the same could be said about any of the other matches in this tournament. (with the exception of the u.s. games.)

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Well, the two best teams in the Cup just played. I think the Argentines outplayed the Germans, but only marginally. I am happy to see the Germans advance.

The damned Brazilians haven't had to play a serious opponent yet in this Cup and their victories have been far from convincing. I REALLY, REALLY hope someone beats them. Problem is their path the finals is just way too easy.

Who are they scheduled to play next?

4. matadorpoeta

Sigh...

Where was Messi?

Jon.

hay que saber perder.

messi was the best player i had seen during the tournament. i would have let him start the match.

i was only able to see it until the beginning of the 2nd half, then i had to actually do some work. i missed the drama...

5. matadorpoeta

italy, i think.

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

They play France, then the winner of the England and Portugal game.

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

Gooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!

8. matadorpoeta

They play France, then the winner of the England and Portugal game.
    oh, i thought he meant, "who does germany play next?"[​IMG] if anyone cares, the last i checked, you could get 4-1 odds if you bet on france to beat brazil. pretty damn good, since i think the game is a toss-up. brazil's defence looks weak. they are ripe for the taking.

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

oh, i thought he meant, "who does germany play next?"[​IMG]

if anyone cares, the last i checked, you could get 4-1 odds if you bet on france to beat brazil. pretty damn good, since i think the game is a toss-up. brazil's defence looks weak. they are ripe for the taking.

SOmeone needs to give them a swift old nick up their how's your father, that's for sure! What I have seen so far, Brazil's current team is definitely lacks the brio and talent they have had in the past. Like what happenned to the USA's basketball team at the Olympics (by Brazil ironically), they need someone to jolt them out of their complacency.

Forza Azzuri! I am split between hoping for Germany and Italy for this one; either one would be a nice win although I'd love to see Portugal whoop some English arse (my English roots nonwithstanding [​IMG] )

10. matadorpoeta

SOmeone needs to give them a swift old nick up their how's your father, that's for sure! What I have seen so far, Brazil's current team is definitely lacks the brio and talent they have had in the past. Like what happenned to the USA's basketball team at the Olympics (by Brazil ironically), they need someone to jolt them out of their complacency.

Forza Azzuri! I am split between hoping for Germany and Italy for this one; either one would be a nice win although I'd love to see Portugal whoop some English arse (my English roots nonwithstanding [​IMG] )

actually i think they've played well individually. the teamwork just isn't there.

i don't care who wins what anymore, except that i need france to win so i can pay my rent.[​IMG]

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

actually i think they've played well individually. the teamwork just isn't there. i don't care who wins what anymore, except that i need france to win so i can pay my rent.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] The landlord will be wondering why you are singing out loud La Marseillaise while handing over the cheque...

12. matadorpoeta

[​IMG]

The landlord will be wondering why you are singing out loud La Marseillaise while handing over the cheque...

no. she's used to it.

13. manicturncoat

manicturncoat Well-Known Member

Italy played very well last night and Totti is finally beginning to show his class.

14. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

Could somebody explain why the rest of the Latin American countries dislike Argentina. I was reading a article hyping up the game between Germany and Argentina, and it mentioned that. It stated that in 86, in mexico, the mexican crowd was cheering on germany to beat argentina. I would have thought it might be jealousy, like the LA Lakers and NY Yankees hatred seen here in america, but then brazil doesn't seem to suffer the same hate.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Could somebody explain why the rest of the Latin American countries dislike Argentina. I was reading a article hyping up the game between Germany and Argentina, and it mentioned that. It stated that in 86, in mexico, the mexican crowd was cheering on germany to beat argentina. I would have thought it might be jealousy, like the LA Lakers and NY Yankees hatred seen here in america, but then brazil doesn't seem to suffer the same hate.

MP, now you know.

Jon.