1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

world cup

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by matadorpoeta, May 15, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Distinguished Member

Ahahahahaha, man that's funny. I'm expecting a complete blow-out with Spain getting at least 3 goals. Sorry France, but you just can't seem to get it together.

bob

Ooops.

bob

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Holy frog!

Jon.

3. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Holy crap! The Spaniards cannot possiblybe happy! How was the game?

(p.s. congrats Luc-Emmanuel!)

Now I am starting to wonder if we will see a France vs England game! Shoud be entertaining, I am sure that the fans will be something - maybe it will be a Hundred Minutes Match (bad pun, I know)!

"Remember Waterloo, frogs?"
    "Yeah, well remember William of Normandy, you english bastards?"

[​IMG]

4. Walter

Walter Senior Member

Africa..er...France played a better second half. They deserve their victory.

5. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

6. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

watch the racist comments. the french have one or two guys born in africa, the rest are frenchmen born and raised.

7. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

I was referring to the fact that you said it should have been a penalty,which if the ball isnt in play it plainly cant be.
    Furthermore the ref would be in his rights to give a red but I bet you cant tell me an occasion when this has actually happened.

oh i've seen it happen. believe me, if a costa rican had done that to a german, or if a korean had done that to an italian, the ref would have given a red.

it would be a correct call, but you only see it when juventus is losing to ascoli, or man u. is losing to portsmouth. then refs suddenly start enforcing the rules.

8. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Distinguished Member

Now I am starting to wonder if we will see a France vs England game! Shoud be entertaining, I am sure that the fans will be something - maybe it will be a Hundred Minutes Match (bad pun, I know)!
    [​IMG]

This would defy both logics, portugal is favourite against england and so is brazil against france.

!luc

9. benecios

benecios Distinguished Member

This would defy both logics, portugal is favourite against england and so is brazil against france.

!luc

I don't think anyone over here would agree that Portugal are favourites.I fully expect us to beat them.

10. Luc-Emmanuel

I don't think anyone over here would agree that Portugal are favourites.I fully expect us to beat them.
    And where is "here" benecios? Given what I saw in this world cup, portugal is definitely a better team than england.

!luc

11. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Distinguished Member

12. rdawson808

oh i've seen it happen. believe me, if a costa rican had done that to a german, or if a korean had done that to an italian, the ref would have given a red.

it would be a correct call, but you only see it when juventus is losing to ascoli, or man u. is losing to portsmouth. then refs suddenly start enforcing the rules.

I think you overstate the case for racism in football. I've seem more than one match between the US and Costa Rica where the CR players have acted horribly and there was nary a call. All the while the US men were whistled left and right.

And one cannot discount the referring in SK/Japan that, by all accounts I read (I saw little of the two games in question) helped the host teams advance at the expense of European teams.

I'm more likely to believe it happening with big club vs small club (and I mean only clubs). It is, again, the Michael Jordan syndrom. If MJ isn't scoring, it must have been a foul.

bob

13. rdawson808

14. Luc-Emmanuel

I think you overstate the case for racism in football. I've seem more than one match between the US and Costa Rica where the CR players have acted horribly and there was nary a call. All the while the US men were whistled left and right.
    I don't think it's about racism, but big team vs small team, wether it's a club or a country.

!luc

15. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

More concerns for the Azzurri camp as Juve's newly appointed team manager takes a dive from his office @ team headquarters clutching a set of rosary beads...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...ters&type=lgns

Apparently, Cannavaro is a personal friend and cut short the post-victory press conference as soon as he learned of the incident from reporters. Alex Del P. & Gianluca Zambrotta flew back to Torino to visit him in the hospital....
    [​IMG]