world cup

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by matadorpoeta, May 15, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Yikes, did anyone just see that call on the Ukrainian defender? Horrible horrible call. I hope that gets a very quick review by FIFA to have the suspension revoked. Absolutely horrible.

b

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

oye cabrón! estoy apollando a los argentinos como uno de los nuestros. deberÃas hacer lo mismo.

No me entendiste entonces. Yo no quiero que Mejico gane la copa, pero estoy atras de ellos, hasta que juegan contra Argentina...

Jon.

3. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Even though I really am not a soccer fan, it just occured to me... why isn't Freddie Adu on the U.S. Team? I thought he was the Tiger Woods/LeBron James of soccer. Nike definitely thinks so. Is he hurt or something?

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Even though I really am not a soccer fan, it just occured to me... why isn't Freddie Adu on the U.S. Team? I thought he was the Tiger Woods/LeBron James of soccer. Nike definitely thinks so. Is he hurt or something?

He's way too inexperienced and frankly just not good enough yet. He is also small. Next time around if he continues to improve in the way he has, he will be there.

He has potential, that's for sure. But he would get eaten alive out there. He currently plays with the younger men's squads but, as an example, I don't think he was called up to the U-21s.

bob

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

I wasn't all that impressed by Brazil today. I think Croatia had the better team today except in one very important way--they kept leaving Brazil's strikers alone at the top of the box which led to Kaka's goal. Other than that, Croatia looked good.

I don't see Ronaldinho play often but he looked a little like a primadona today. It's what I think of as a Michael Jordan syndrome. You may truly be the best, but the whole world acts like you are untouchable in the sense that if you go down it must have been a foul, if you complain about being fouled then everyone starts to ask "oh, are we not protecting our strikers enough with our referring?" etc. I'm the best so if I'm not performing it must be because someone else is hurting me. Ehh, maybe you just had a bad game. Others that see him play more often than I know more I'm sure.

bob

they're not a team yet, just a bunch of great individual players, but they were that way in '98, and they made it to the final. kaka's goal was beautiful though. not only for the placement and spin, but consider also that he is right-footed, and he made a shot that few players could, even with their dominant foot.

6. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

No me entendiste entonces. Yo no quiero que Mejico gane la copa, pero estoy atras de ellos, hasta que juegan contra Argentina...

Jon.

espero que nos toque holanda... y que ustedes puedan con portugal.

7. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

I was quite disapointed in France performance.

!luc

8. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

I was quite disapointed in France performance.

!luc

Agreed. Henry was pummeling the goal at the end of the first half so a tie was a pretty disappointing finish. I miss Cisse. [​IMG]

And it's funny you should talk about Ronaldinho in the manner Tokyo, because while I really love his style of play, every time I watch a Brazil game the conversation between my brother and I devolves into how ugly 'Dinho is. [​IMG]

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

10. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Agreed. Henry was pummeling the goal at the end of the first half so a tie was a pretty disappointing finish. I miss Cisse. [​IMG]
    Indeed, a tie is a good result for switzerland: they didn't take any risk, with 8 players in defense. The french were tired after 60 minutes though, and the game became pretty weak.
    I hope france will be luckier against korea.

!luc

11. waldo pepper

waldo pepper Well-Known Member

Indeed, a tie is a good result for switzerland: they didn't take any risk, with 8 players in defense. The french were tired after 60 minutes though, and the game became pretty weak.
    I hope france will be luckier against korea.

!luc

I think the man to blame is Domenech,anyone who can leave Mexes and Giuly at home shouldnt be managing a football team.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

espero que nos toque holanda... y que ustedes puedan con portugal.

Vamos a ver si Argentina gana manana...ustedes con quien juegan proximo?

Jon.

13. waldo pepper

waldo pepper Well-Known Member

England have played 180 minutes of pure drivel but still have 6 points.Its a funny old game.

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

England have played 180 minutes of pure drivel but still have 6 points.Its a funny old game.

Aye.

15. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

yeah, that was sad. Rooney seemed to give them a boost though. Maybe it's time for the youngsters. Lennon, Rooney, and Walcott all in at once?

b