• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Workwear, Americana and Raw Denim

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is current Pendleton not that good?

well generally i advocate buying secondary if it's possible .

pendleton still produces yarn and blankets domestically ( other things as well i'm sure ) but afaik the knits look to be outsourced these days . that said the designs and jacquard type construction look pretty similar , they even offer a repro'd lebowski knit .

the big difference would probably be the yarn - the newer ones maybe aren't using the mill yarn ? ... they list shetland , superwash wool , etc while the older ones are obviously a standard domestic product , that typical new wool brew that you would see through the 70s and 80s .

current pendleton quality is good particularly the flagship products , i've bought a few blankets new but still prefer to thrift them ( when i can find them haha ) .

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
After quite the wait, my Ciano Farmer navy duck chinos came in yesterday and... I'm quite pleased thus far. The packaging, which I didn't take pictures of, was cool. I think the fit is pretty close to what I've been going for lately though a bit more room in the thigh wouldn't be bad. The 12 oz. duck cloth is not quite as stiff as I expected but that's not a bad thing at all. No doubt its still tough enough to handle anything I'm liable to throw at it.

These took roughly 40 weeks with the given estimate being 15 weeks. But Ciano's customer service was pretty good. A bit after initially placing the order, I realized the measurements for the initial model I chose wouldn't work, gave him a call and he changed it. He was fairly responsive to requests for updates and whatnot and was always friendly.

Forgive the very, very rushed pics.

20211207_174827.jpg

20211207_174754.jpg

20211207_174834.jpg

20211206_165407.jpg

20211206_165600.jpg

On another note, I contacted Viapiana early last month with no response. Contacted him again yesterday and he said that my email must've slipped by him and that he'd happily shorten the sleeves on the denim jacket for free as long as I pay for shipping. I'm thinking 1 - 1.5" off the sleeves and I'll be happy.

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
So is current Pendleton not that good?
I have a few current Pendleton items and they are just fine. The Shetland Washable wool sweater is one of my favorite sweaters. Looks nice and doesn't shed or pill much. I think their wool shirts are high quality. The fabric is milled in Oregon and are sewn in in China or Mexico. Sir Pendleton shirts always look good and never wrinkle. I have a few I wear to work on a regular basis because they are way easier to maintain than cotton shirts. I have a few Lodge and Fireside shirts that are equally as nice.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After quite the wait, my Ciano Farmer navy duck chinos came in yesterday and... I'm quite pleased thus far. The packaging, which I didn't take pictures of, was cool. I think the fit is pretty close to what I've been going for lately though a bit more room in the thigh wouldn't be bad. The 12 oz. duck cloth is not quite as stiff as I expected but that's not a bad thing at all. No doubt its still tough enough to handle anything I'm liable to throw at it.

These took roughly 40 weeks with the given estimate being 15 weeks. But Ciano's customer service was pretty good. A bit after initially placing the order, I realized the measurements for the initial model I chose wouldn't work, gave him a call and he changed it. He was fairly responsive to requests for updates and whatnot and was always friendly.

View attachment 1716514

View attachment 1716515

View attachment 1716516

View attachment 1716519

View attachment 1716520

On another note, I contacted Viapiana early last month with no response. Contacted him again yesterday and he said that my email must've slipped by him and that he'd happily shorten the sleeves on the denim jacket for free as long as I pay for shipping. I'm thinking 1 - 1.5" off the sleeves and I'll be happy.
Those look fantastic dude

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score

View attachment 1716514

View attachment 1716515

View attachment 1716516

View attachment 1716519

View attachment 1716520

Oh cool, I was wondering about these the other day. Do yours have the taped seams?
Be careful how you wash them - I go for a delicate wash with no spinning, then line dry. Spinning seems to cause line marks in the fabric.
(I am wearing a pair of grey 12oz CFDCo right now!)

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Oh cool, I was wondering about these the other day. Do yours have the taped seams?
Be careful how you wash them - I go for a delicate wash with no spinning, then line dry. Spinning seems to cause line marks in the fabric.
(I am wearing a pair of grey 12oz CFDCo right now!)

They do. Thanks for the heads up. The instructions say hand wash but was thinking of following a very similar process as yours.

DoubleDouble

Reaction score

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Deets on the fit? Looks great.

Thanks!

-Gap denim jacket which is not a bad value
-Freenote Cloth shirt which is a bit too slim in the waist but otherwise is awesome. Will likely get a wider fitting one down the line.
-Left Field NYC duck cloth pants which are also great
-My trusty Attractions Lot 444

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Noticed Mister Freedom stuff is moving slower than usual (both the online stock and second market). I'm on the edge hoping they don't go under… I have so many memories of the denimbro days! and it's the one brand that made me passionate about menswear in the first place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads