• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Workwear, Americana and Raw Denim

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Do you happen to know the benefit of waistband finishing? Is there an actual practical reason for it? Have you gotten any of your done with that option?
I don’t and have not. But I am sure Ciano could tell you. He’s the kind of dude you can call up to chat about what you want and why. My orders have been pretty straightforward.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
I don’t and have not. But I am sure Ciano could tell you. He’s the kind of dude you can call up to chat about what you want and why. My orders have been pretty straightforward.

Right you are. Got off the phone with him a while ago. Very likable guy. Didn't ask about the waistband finishing lol but did get answers to a couple other questions. Ordered the makeup below just now.

Code:
12oz Duck Canvas Navy CHINO Version
W32 L29
MODEL: CHINO
Fit: 997
Fabric Selection: 12oz Duck Canvas Navy
Thread Color: Navy
Inside Seam Finish: Taped Seam
Waistband Finish: Regular Finish
Front Fly Closure: Button fly
Buttons: Corozzo Buttons
Back Button: Corozo buttons
Custom Knee Option: none
Cinch Back: No
SPECIAL NOTES? (enter below): I would like these to have a 5th pocket.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Right you are. Got off the phone with him a while ago. Very likable guy. Didn't ask about the waistband finishing lol but did get answers to a couple other questions. Ordered the makeup below just now.

Code:
12oz Duck Canvas Navy CHINO Version
W32 L29
MODEL: CHINO
Fit: 997
Fabric Selection: 12oz Duck Canvas Navy
Thread Color: Navy
Inside Seam Finish: Taped Seam
Waistband Finish: Regular Finish
Front Fly Closure: Button fly
Buttons: Corozzo Buttons
Back Button: Corozo buttons
Custom Knee Option: none
Cinch Back: No
SPECIAL NOTES? (enter below): I would like these to have a 5th pocket.

cool! Dig up the thread and report back when they arrive.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Freenote henley arrived. Very pleased with it and how substantial it feels without feeling too bulky. I think its perfect length-wise and in the sleeves. I'm very interested to see how Taylor Stitch's henley matches up at a little more than half the price.

20210305_152119.jpg
20210305_152139.jpg
20210305_152409.jpg

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, I have no need for workwear. I wear scrubs all day at work and could get by with sweatpants and t-shirts at home. But for whatever reason, heavy weight button downs, denim and boots are what I feel the most comfortable in. This thread is for everyone who likes or needs workwear in some way.

Someone asked about Freenote Cloth in another thread:

Just bought these heavy weight flannels. They look awesome and the fit is pretty good, maybe a bit long in the sleeves. Kind of pricey, but they have the feeling like they will last a lifetime. I have never owned a Iron Heart flannel but I assume they are similar.
View attachment 1566177

View attachment 1566178
I also bought this shirt, which lighter weight and super soft.
View attachment 1566184
View attachment 1566187
I have the first version of this jacket. Which is a beast. I had some issues with sewing on the shearling lining and the took care of it right away. From a customer service stand point they have been awesome. I had an order get delayed like 3 days and they threw in a free t-shirt.
View attachment 1566188
This is my son trying it on.
View attachment 1566189

I also have a pair or two of their denim and a few more shirts which are all really nice and seem to be worth the money.

On a different note, I wanted to talk about how awesome these Taylor Stitch Camp Pants are. Perfect blend of carpenter pants mixed with chinos. Their hemp canvas blend actually seems really durable and look great after a few trips up on the roof and lots of yard work.
View attachment 1566180

Great idea for a thread. Maybe we can throw in some western styled items as well?

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Got in my Taylor Stitch Bleached Chambray shirt which...smells somewhat heavily of bleach.

I like the length of the sleeves and the width, though it is on the slim side, but I would definitely need to get it hemmed. If I did get it hemmed, it would definitely require removing the side gusset things which I'm not sure if that's the correct term but its picture #9 on the product page. What do you guys think?

20210308_172150.jpg

20210308_172206.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The length looks ok to me.

Personally, I would wear that tucked, so length would be a plus

Reactions: XWT

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In all honesty, I have no need for workwear. I wear scrubs all day at work

statements like this always remind me of this scene

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Got in my Taylor Stitch Bleached Chambray shirt which...smells somewhat heavily of bleach.

I like the length of the sleeves and the width, though it is on the slim side, but I would definitely need to get it hemmed. If I did get it hemmed, it would definitely require removing the side gusset things which I'm not sure if that's the correct term but its picture #9 on the product page. What do you guys think?

View attachment 1570192

View attachment 1570193
Length looks OK. I would maybe wash it before you have it hemmed, might shorten up a bit. In the picture with it buttoned that last button is pulling. Maybe size up and try and shrink it a bit?

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
statements like this always remind me of this scene

That is a great movie. I refuse to wear scrubs out of the hospital and I always get properly dressed before I leave the house. Which is kind of pointless because I literally get in my car, drive to the hospital, change and repeat in reverse on the way home. I see like 3 people on the way to my locker room.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
In all honesty, I have no need for workwear. I wear scrubs all day at work and could get by with sweatpants and t-shirts at home. But for whatever reason, heavy weight button downs, denim and boots are what I feel the most comfortable in. This thread is for everyone who likes or needs workwear in some way.

Someone asked about Freenote Cloth in another thread:

Just bought these heavy weight flannels. They look awesome and the fit is pretty good, maybe a bit long in the sleeves. Kind of pricey, but they have the feeling like they will last a lifetime. I have never owned a Iron Heart flannel but I assume they are similar.

Love the colours of those flannels. I also have no need for workwear, but I was recently sent a few sample pieces from a company called Legendary Whitetails that blew me away in comparison to their cheap as chips prices.

2020_RDPL_MAIN_FRONT.jpg

6464_CZPL_MAIN_FRONT.jpg

The berber lined shirt jacket (which my wife immediately stole from me) costs around $80, and their flannel shirts are just $30 or so. Corners have been cut, of course, in that they're made in China and no doubt never see a needle in a human hand from start to finish, but they look and feel so good that I had to double check the prices. If you're looking to bulk up your workwear wardrobe without spending much I heartily recommend them.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Camp pant looks a bit wide in the thigh for me (I am skinny). If you like that duck canvas then I recommend Ciano Farmer. Made to order with a variety of fabrics and a few different cuts, plus lots of customisable options. He can do pretty much anything you want. The quality and workmanship are fantastic. I have just ordered my third pair of trousers and have a pair of jeans. He's also really nice. His stuff does take a while as he makes it all by hand.
I will have to try them out for my next duck canvas pant. I purchased the Camp pant from Taylor Stitch last year and had to get them heavily altered by my tailor to look like I wasn't swimming in fabric. Which was surprising to me because my thighs are thick as ****. I will say that after wearing them around outside they do feel great. I am also a huge fan of the heavy bag henley (and t-shirt) from Taylor Stitch and have several.

xghostsniperx

Reaction score
Thoughts on Rogue Territory shirts and jackets? Their flannel fabrics are absolutely incredible and I love the details...but man, that price at $260ish. Their jackets, however, seem reasonably priced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads