• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Workwear, Americana and Raw Denim

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • Haha
Reactions: XWT

norMD

Reaction score
Do any of you have experience with stetson tencel/lyocell western shirts?

Symphony

Reaction score
Looking to get some decent midweight to heavy weight raw denim. What would you guys suggest? I’m probably going for more of a slim taper or slim straight fit. Comfort for me is king above all else, as I have big thighs.

I was looking at brands like Momotaro, 3sixteen (most sizes sold out), and Samurai.

Luellwitz

Reaction score
If you have large thighs then most slim jeans won't fit you well. At least in my experience, have like 24" thighs. Something like a relaxed taper is better for larger thighs. I have never owned those brands, but Pure Blue Japan and Studio d'Artisan both make a relaxed tapered cut.

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
Looking to get some decent midweight to heavy weight raw denim. What would you guys suggest? I’m probably going for more of a slim taper or slim straight fit. Comfort for me is king above all else, as I have big thighs.

I was looking at brands like Momotaro, 3sixteen (most sizes sold out), and Samurai.
i agree with @Luellwitz

i too have big thighs relative to my waist. i’d look into pbj’s 019 cut. Also, i would check out iron hearts 888 or 555 if youre looking for a skinnier look. i think oni’s 622ZR might also fit the bill and their 20oz is a really nice heavy while comfortable fabric.

Symphony

Reaction score
If you have large thighs then most slim jeans won't fit you well. At least in my experience, have like 24" thighs. Something like a relaxed taper is better for larger thighs. I have never owned those brands, but Pure Blue Japan and Studio d'Artisan both make a relaxed tapered cut.
slim has always been relatively decent for me especially after they stretch out. I’ll try PBJ

gardenvariety

Reaction score

Look into Glenn's Denim slouchy tapered fit. Have large thighs, they work really well for me.

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
False dichotomy: lately I've been into cut-off jeans, like so:

View attachment 1650337
Raw hem is fun. I especially like a raw hem on black denim.

I also have big thighs, I might suggest more of a true straight fit, the Indigofera Kirks are dope I just got them.

if you absolutely want to stick to a taper, Oni’s high taper fit in their 20oz “Secret Denim” is great

Momotaro High Taper or Natural Taper fit in 15oz is great
Tanuki High Taper fit in 16.5 oz awesome especially in “Natural Indigo”
Warehouse Lot 900XX is awesome too

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hemmed Sugar Cane 1947 denim from Self Edge and 3Sixteen Mechanic shirt

View attachment 1648399
View attachment 1648400
View attachment 1648401
Those look great!

I've got a pair of the 1947 that I bought last year and they've just been sitting in my closet for about the past 10 months with the tags still on them. I really need to bust them out and start wearing them but I went from having 1 pair of denim to having about a dozen in a very short time.

I actually tried them on again just the other day to see if they still fit and I was surprised by just how awesome they were.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Those look great!

I've got a pair of the 1947 that I bought last year and they've just been sitting in my closet for about the past 10 months with the tags still on them. I really need to bust them out and start wearing them but I went from having 1 pair of denim to having about a dozen in a very short time.

I actually tried them on again just the other day to see if they still fit and I was surprised by just how awesome they were.
The way that's phrased makes it sound like getting a dozen pairs of denim was just something that happened to you, with no agency on your part. (I use the same phrasing to my wife when a new garment appears in my cupboard).

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Likely my last clothing purchase for a while. Been looking for a light-weight green shirt and LFNY delivered with their 7 oz green twist shirt.

20210821_090759.jpg

20210821_090807.jpg

20210821_094040.jpg

Also got an update from Ciano that my navy duck cloth pants should be getting shipped soon so I'll be posting those here before too long.

XWT

Reaction score
I want a light weight green shirt too so I looked into that one! I’m more looking for an overshirt so I didn’t go for it but I’m happy to see you’re satisfied.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.