• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Workwear, Americana and Raw Denim

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Thoughts on Rogue Territory shirts and jackets? Their flannel fabrics are absolutely incredible and I love the details...but man, that price at $260ish. Their jackets, however, seem reasonably priced.
I bought my first piece of clothing from them the other day. It's a nice shirt. Nothing ground breaking. For me it was fabric pattern that made me want to buy it. For the price, it would be have to be something I can't live without. This is the shirt I bought.

1615769564308.png

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
I can't remember if it was this thread or a different one, but someone asked about western style shirts outside of Pendleton and RRL. I just saw these:

1615769729454.png

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reactions: XWT

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if it was this thread or a different one, but someone asked about western style shirts outside of Pendleton and RRL. I just saw these:

View attachment 1574359

Looks good. I have also been looking for a cheaper alternative to rrl and pendelton.

I want to mention a Norwegian denim and vintage shop.

Livid jeans

Livid vintage

It started as a one man shop in Trondheim, Norway making MTM jeans. They now have a full rtw line and a curated vintage section with almost 1000 items including eddie bauer, ll bean and pendleton pieces. Well worth a look.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1574359
This seems a lot like what Bridge and Burn was trying to be albeit better aesthetic

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of shirts...anyone have experience with Anián? Target advertising keeps showing them to me and I was curious if anyone has tried this shirt?

NautOfEarth

Reaction score

View attachment 1574359

That was me. I went ahead and bought of the Pendleton ones but am definitely still on the hunt for more. Thanks for posting this!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
How do you guys do workwear/americana in the summer? I'm looking for some good quality shirts - mainly button-ups - fit for Mississippi heat and humidity.

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Mississippi is brutal for heat, I was there once and had to wear a suit and was dying in about 2 minutes.

Linen is your friend. There are a few brands that have linen cotton blends for pants/jeans and button downs. Getting a pair of light weight denim is a good option too.

I also find hemp cotton blend t-shirts to be very easy to wear in the heat. Jungmaven and Taylor Stitch make some that I like.

I also like Hawaiian shirts, Freenote has a bunch of good options. Okayama denim also has some SDA hawaiian shirts for pre order.

Billy Reid is another good brand for summer options.

Boat shoes. Look good and you can skip the socks.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Mississippi is brutal for heat, I was there once and had to wear a suit and was dying in about 2 minutes.

Linen is your friend. There are a few brands that have linen cotton blends for pants/jeans and button downs. Getting a pair of light weight denim is a good option too.

I also find hemp cotton blend t-shirts to be very easy to wear in the heat. Jungmaven and Taylor Stitch make some that I like.

I also like Hawaiian shirts, Freenote has a bunch of good options. Okayama denim also has some SDA hawaiian shirts for pre order.

Billy Reid is another good brand for summer options.

Boat shoes. Look good and you can skip the socks.

I'm ok with the heat, it's the humidity that'll get ya.

Billy Reid looks interesting. Mainly looking for some solid or striped/plaid lightweight button-ups that I can wear to the office and they look to fit the bill.

I have a Freenote Scout shirt arriving Monday. I'm hoping its not too heavy.

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
You can find Billy Reid stuff for super cheap at Nordstrom Rack and ebay/poshmark/grilled.

That scout shirt is pretty heavy duty. Might not be great for the summer.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Yeah, the Scout's not exactly but I m Still not the lightest, but I think I can wing it.
You can find Billy Reid stuff for super cheap at Nordstrom Rack and ebay/poshmark/grilled.

That scout shirt is pretty heavy duty. Might not be great for the summer.

You're probably right but its a shirt I've been looking at a while so I'm going to try and make it work. My tolerance for heat is pretty good so with it being only ~10-12 oz, I think its doable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads