• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Workout question - How not to get big?

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lifersfc
No you have missed the point.

Who the **** wants to look like Lee Priest? Clothes wouldn't fit, girls would be scared away, and everyone would assume you had deep insecurities which drove you to become a freak of nature.

How about every guy or gal who go to a gym and ask him or herself can I curl that bar or bench that bar and came back with an answer, yes I can!

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kontra
Just want to say that I'm getting the most useful thoughts from you guys.

You are most welcome!

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
It's not like you're going to wake up one day and say, "Damn, I got too big, I should've slowed down the last few months."

Damn straight! Getting big inadvertently is as likely as Jobeth getting preggy because her knickers was washed with Bobby John's boxers. Getting big needs tons of hard work, discipline, intelligence, motivation, dedication etc etc.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lifersfc
You do know there is a thing called maintenance training. Not everyone wants to get perpetually bigger.

WTF is maintenance training? Is it euphemism for wussing out?
Does that mean you do 20 reps of 20 kg barbell curl for the rest of your life even if its too light and you can do more?

Saying you do not want to get perpetually big is unnatural. Just like saying you want to thrust but not spit. Duh!!

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
WTF is maintenance training? Is it euphemism for wussing out?
Does that mean you do 20 reps of 20 kg barbell curl for the rest of your life even if its too light and you can do more?

Saying you do not want to get perpetually big is unnatural. Just like saying you want to thrust but not spit. Duh!!

Not everyone has a desire to "big". I'm 5- 10 and weigh 170. I have no desire to put on additional weight. In addition, I've never had any problem getting women or getting laid or kicking the **** out of peacock guy strutting around showing off his bench press/bicep curl body. I've said it before, but it deserves repeating, 90% of all guys will spend their youth/early adult years trying to get huge and the rest of their life trying to slim down.

Picture the muscle head guy in his 30's/40's that you see at your gym. Tank top, baggy pants (because he usually doesn't squat), sunglasses, work boots, talking on his cell phone non-stop, slamming weights around to get attention. Who the F*@# wants to be that guy? That's the other 10% that wants to be "huge".

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
...And The Imaginaut claims another thread. Awesome.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I get big and strong like Priest do I also have to style my hair in that midwest gay streaks and tips manner?

lefty

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
If I get big and strong like Priest do I also have to style my hair in that midwest gay streaks and tips manner?

lefty

How dare you speak in such a way about this paragon of masculinity? He gives more effort at the gym in the bathroom than you do underneath a barbell! Where others say "****, I look kind of like a super-roid Guido", he says, "I CAN GET BIGGER! YES I CAN!" He dares to dream. What have you dared to do besides buy a second box of Oreos last time at the grocery store? Don't question the Imaginauts.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why not stop lifting and start doing bodyweight exercises?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
How dare you speak in such a way about this paragon of masculinity? He gives more effort at the gym in the bathroom than you do underneath a barbell! Where others say "****, I look kind of like a super-roid Guido", he says, "I CAN GET BIGGER! YES I CAN!" He dares to dream. What have you dared to do besides buy a second box of Oreos last time at the grocery store? Don't question the Imaginauts.

For me, it's personal, Sauce.

After a particularly grueling infraspinatus WO I went into the bathroom after Priest, slipped on some of his hair gel and blew out my L7.

At least I hope it was hair gel. Coleman was also there softly weeping in the corner.

lefty

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
For me, it's personal, Sauce.

After a particularly grueling infraspinatus WO I went into the bathroom after Priest, slipped on some of his hair gel and blew out my L7.

At least I hope it was hair gel. Coleman was also there softly weeping in the corner.

lefty

It sounds like maybe you need to take a page from Cutler's book and include an abductor hallicus day in your training.

(I admit to Googling.)

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It sounds like maybe you need to take a page from Cutler's book and include an abductor hallicus day in your training.

(I admit to Googling.)

We all need a hallicus day.

lefty

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty

jezus fuckin christ every post of yours has a euphemism for busting *****. shut the **** up already and go ejaculate so you can reply normally

beasty

Reaction score

lefty

I wonder who is more gay? The guy who did it or the guy who noticed it?

beasty

Reaction score

You guys are idiots.

I don't see Jay going down to your workplace and mock how you deep fry the spuds and flip the burgers. I wonder why people like you must mock what others spent most of their most productive part of their adult lives doing and which bring joy and inspiration to millions around the world. Can you even name one thing which you did or are doing now that can rival what Jay, Lee, Ronnie et al can do?

No? Then please shut your pie hole. Opening it to gape in awe at what Jay, Lee, Ronnie is doing is allowed though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads