1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Workout Gear

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Senai, Apr 9, 2006.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

I don't sweet much at all, i'm curious though which you guys would recommend between the two: nike Pro or UA?

try them on. i like the UA tops, but the shorts are too long and baggy.

2. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

I don't sweet much at all, i'm curious though which you guys would recommend between the two: nike Pro or UA?
    if you don't sweat much and don't need the compression to fit under a jersey etc i'd go withsomething looser i.e. nike sphere. I throw a lot of nike out there but thats simply cause i have a lot of experience with it so i am not discounting the fact there are other plausible choices out there

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

if you don't sweat much and don't need the compression to fit under a jersey etc i'd go withsomething looser i.e. nike sphere. I throw a lot of nike out there but thats simply cause i have a lot of experience with it so i am not discounting the fact there are other plausible choices out there

not all UA apparel is compression fit. they have looose fit line.

also, i'm very picky about socks, and my favorites are new balance. ask for the running socks that prevent blisters. i use them for everything, including tennis and soccer.

4. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

yeh good call, i forgot about the loose t-shirts and pieces they create!

5. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I quite like the Champion C9 stuff available at Target.

Just as moisture wicking as my Nike Dri-Fit shirts and shorts, but a heckuva lot cheaper.

6. TomK

TomK Member

Under Armour is great. Keeps you cool and is easy to move in. Also, it's very good quality. Plus, you can always wear a cotton T-shirt overtop of it if you don't feel comfortable wearing skin-tight clothes.

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Nike Dri-Fit has awesome gear that wicks away the sweat, is not too clingy, and is very breathable.

I would also suggest trying Under Armour. That's made for more athletic endeavors.

8. sartorially senseless

sartorially senseless Senior member

ha, this is a funny thread, just the other day we were at the gym discussing what a great invention LLL pants were for the female gender.

But PLEASE listen.

i live in vancouver, and you will NOT find any self-respecting male wearing LLL. Stick with the expected sources: nike, adidas, under armour for youre regular gym atire. the VERY few guys you see wearing LLL are not guys you want to emulate in style or physique.

please, if you are male, do not start wearing LLL. but do encourage them tight ass pants for the women.

9. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

ha, this is a funny thread, just the other day we were at the gym discussing what a great invention LLL pants were for the female gender.

But PLEASE listen.

i live in vancouver, and you will NOT find any self-respecting male wearing LLL. Stick with the expected sources: nike, adidas, under armour for youre regular gym atire. the VERY few guys you see wearing LLL are not guys you want to emulate in style or physique.

please, if you are male, do not start wearing LLL. but do encourage them tight ass pants for the women.

my gf works at LLL, and i REFUSE to wear any of that ish, and so do my other friends. i just dont think their stuff is that nice either

10. sartorially senseless

sartorially senseless Senior member

my gf works at LLL, and i REFUSE to wear any of that ish, and so do my other friends. i just dont think their stuff is that nice either

there you have it, even with a deep staff discount, refusal to wear! you should commended my good man.

11. Martinis at 8

Martinis at 8 Senior member

...high-intensity training,..., like kickboxing, wind sprints, basketball, soccer.

These are referred to as plyometrics.

M8

12. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

there you have it, even with a deep staff discount, refusal to wear! you should commended my good man.

LLL has to be one of the most lucractive staff discounts i have ever seen on that note... the stuff has a ridiculously high mark up

13. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

i live in vancouver, and you will NOT find any self-respecting male wearing LLL. Stick with the expected sources: nike, adidas, under armour for youre regular gym atire. the VERY few guys you see wearing LLL are not guys you want to emulate in style or physique. please, if you are male, do not start wearing LLL. but do encourage them tight ass pants for the women.
    Really? I'll admit LLL is played out beyond belief (especially in BC) but their stuff, especially their shorts, are incredibly comfortable and are designed to allow a maximum range of motion. Moreover, their stuff lasts. I have a pair of shorts from them I bought when they first started offering guys stuff that have survived a couple worldwide treks and hundreds of hikes. Although, I've never bought anything full price so I'm a bit biased...and yes, I encourage all ladies with the the physique to use the wonderous joy that is LLL stretch pants. A.