Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Working out and Smoking

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by RamNYC, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Aries

Aries Senior member

They used to smoke in gyms in Italy.

People would walk on the treadmills and hold a cigarette, very Bella figura.

Haha...Bella figura huh, talk about style taken to the extreme.

2. Kopite

Kopite Senior member

I would rather be in a smoke-filled world than a LSD / Coke / Angel dust-filled world… Jon.
    I for one would rather have the LSD / Coke / Angel dust-filled world, as it is an annoyance for me when people smoke right next to me. Although I have no problem with all of the above if they do it in their house, as opposed to doing it in public. As most drug users do drugs in their house as opposed to smoking, which is usually done in public as well as in their house.

3. RamNYC

RamNYC Active Member

There has to be more people on here who enjoy working out and cigarettes!

4. Kopite

Kopite Senior member

If you smoke while you work out, you wont last long. Maybe after would be better, not before or during.

5. RamNYC

RamNYC Active Member

If you smoke while you work out, you wont last long. Maybe after would be better, not before or during.

Thanks for the sarcasm. I was entirely intending to address those people that work out but smoke (not at the same time). Before or after, thanks.

6. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

I hit the gym hard 4-5 times a week and then smoke and drink on weekends. I do cardio 3 times a week, so I had to cut down my 1/2 a pack a day habit drastically.

7. RamNYC

RamNYC Active Member

I hit the gym hard 4-5 times a week and then smoke and drink on weekends. I do cardio 3 times a week, so I had to cut down my 1/2 a pack a day habit drastically.

So now just smoking on the weekends? It must be a nice reward.

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Having been a pack-a-day smoker for 7 years until two years ago, when I quit, my experience was always that right after working out I wanted a cigarette like you wouldn't believe. It was always the best cigarette of the day, with the possible exception of the morning wake-up-and-coffee cigarette.

I can't imagine it any more, though. Except for that morning cigarette and coffee. Oh man, do I miss that.

the one on the growler was always pretty nice too.

9. RamNYC

RamNYC Active Member

No....by far the best is after sex and the last one of the night. I am only smoking at most 4 a day when not drinking, so I tend to really enjoy my cigarettes. Plus, it allows me to get some good workouts done since I am not a heavy smoker.

10. Young Scrappy

Young Scrappy Senior member

I'll take the latter.

When I smoked a little, I'd always have the urge after a hard workout or finishing a basketball game?

11. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I really don't get smokers...that being said I think smoking is nothing compared to some of the drugs other members of my generation are taking.

I would rather be in a smoke-filled world than a LSD / Coke / Angel dust-filled world...

Jon.

Yes, because LSD is totally in the same group as coke and PCP. [​IMG]

Smoking and trying to become healthy, I will say, seems counter-intuitive.

12. impass101

impass101 Member

The two activities are counter-intuitive but it is preferable to only smoking and not working out.

13. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Apparently Guy Lafleur smoked regularly throughout his career. Since you are not an elite athlete, I wouldn't recommend it.

14. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Anyone work out on PCP or LSD? I think I did once on shrooms, which, while not counterproductive, sure did not allow me to know what the hell I was doing.
    I just quit smoking 4 weeks ago. I am finally feeling the difference. I tried a cigarette last night and it was disgusting.
    How long does it take for normal non smoking lung function take to return after quitting?
    I smoked between 1/2-1.5 packs a day for 9 years.

15. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

It probably varies by person... I know a girl who chain smokes Lucky Strikes, and her hobby is running marathons.