• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Working buttonholes?

deaddog

Reaction score
I am considering a Brioni on ebay. Unfortunately, the seller has not responded to my question regarding whether the buttonholes are working (I prefer not because I probably have to bring the sleeves up about .5- 1 inch). I know its not a good sign that the guy isn't responding, but its a good looking suit! Anyway, here is a pix of the buttonholes - can you determine from the pix if these are working?

Thanks

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like they are, but it appears that they could be turned very easily

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely look like fake buttonholes

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 buttons common for Brioni? I never noticed.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It appears to be a chain stitch only on the surface of the cloth. Pretty safe bet, go ahead , if you can get it.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I haven't heard of Brioni suits with faux buttonholes. Be wary, it could be a fake.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I haven't heard of Brioni suits with faux buttonholes. Be wary, it could be a fake.

?

Anyone can buy a Brioni suit and decide to get fake buttonholes instead of functional... Many people (including Brioni buyers) see no utility or benefit in having functional buttons on their sleeves

mano

Reaction score
All Brioni come with unfinished sleeves. The jacket deadog is considering is used and the original owner had his tailored with faux buttonholes.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
At Wilkes Bashford all Brioni jackets have 3 sleeve buttons.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
?

Anyone can buy a Brioni suit and decide to get fake buttonholes instead of functional... Many people (including Brioni buyers) see no utility or benefit in having functional buttons on their sleeves

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads