1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Working buttonholes on RTW suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I thought we were talking about buying RTW suits with buttonholes on them already, so I voted no.

Some Jil Sander suits come with extra buttons and no sleeve buttonholes or buttons. I assume this is to enforce the artisinal feel of her suits.

2. sashae

sashae Senior member

My new Kiton sportjacket came with unfinished sleeves, so I'm considering doing working buttonholes. Has anyone used Dynasty Tailors on 38th in NYC for working buttonholes, and if not, do we have a consensus on who would be the best to do it?

For obvious reasons, I'd rather not screw it up.

-s

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

I'd take it to a Kiton tailor, either at the store or at BG.

koji

4. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

With all due respect, sleeve buttons also serve no function other than appearance, so I'm not sure that working buttonholes are any less practical.

5. Buster

Buster Senior member

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

What is their pricing on alterations? A pants hem, for instance? I have been using Bhambis who are very expensive - $30 for taking in waist and $20 for the hem, works out to be quite a lot. Thanks zj

7. Buster

Buster Senior member

zj,

I have no experience with them other than that. Even this was arraged by the owner of the store I bought the suit in, so I actually paid him ($40 for 8 working buttonholes).

B