• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Working at LinkedIN?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently an opportunity emerged to join linkedIN as an account analyst so it will involve client administration, data insights, making presentations, sales support etc. It sits on the sales side of the business. This is for one of linkedIN's Asia Pacific Offices so it's still a relatively new and rapidly growing office here.

Currently working as an analyst in an asset finance division of an investment bank in the area of risk. Graduated with a economics degree and worked here for 24 months now, and have done very well in my current role, working overseas in Australia and the US. Tech and startups are something that I had a taste of when working with such clients in SF. I think it could be a very intriguing and exciting area to be in.

I am relatively young in my career (economics & accounting degree) and I don't have any particular end goals regarding my career direction. Financially, the remuneration is fairly comparable. Do you think this is a good move in terms of experience, career path. Pros and cons?

(one con is that i can't wear my suits anymore because of the tech environment!)

Last edited:

Point Dexter

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Take a chance while you are young. If not you will regret it. I regret leaving PriceWaterhouseCoopers at a time when I was one of a few consultants. Since then I've earned my MBA. And never took a job in my field because I decided to support my ex-wife career. So be selfish and follow the opportunities presented to you.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a chance while you are young. If not you will regret it. I regret leaving PriceWaterhouseCoopers at a time when I was one of a few consultants. Since then I've earned my MBA. And never took a job in my field because I decided to support my ex-wife career. So be selfish and follow the opportunities presented to you.
...seems like YOU were the wife to me...LOL!

OP, before you make a decision, it would probably be a good idea to think about what it is that you actually want to do for a living. You're an adult. Have at least a little direction.

Last edited:

willny

Reaction score
Try it out. If it doesn't work out, having Linkedin on your resume will turn a few heads just because of their brand.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that's what i'm thinking although, leaving the finance industry makes me nervous since I've spent the last X amount of years studying and working towards a finance career.

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that's what i'm thinking although, leaving the finance industry makes me nervous since I've spent the last X amount of years studying and working towards a finance career.
"Account Analyst" is a finance/sales position in a lot of companies. You'll probably still be in your field. The question is "what do you want to do with your life?" If you know that, then you won't have to ask these types of questions.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Account Analyst" is a finance/sales position in a lot of companies. You'll probably still be in your field. The question is "what do you want to do with your life?" If you know that, then you won't have to ask these types of questions.

Yeah it's a sales position more so than one in finance. Because I don't really have a direction/can't get there where i am right now, my focus is more to do with developing transferrable skills.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a sales position more so than one in finance. Because I don't really have a direction/can't get there where i am right now, my focus is more to do with developing transferrable skills.
How will you know what skills you'll need if you don't know what you want to do? Your best bet may be just to go with whatever jobs seem interesting until you figure out what you want to focus on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads