Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Workaday

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

I received today a special order for a Workaday 19th Century BD in Blue Oxford size medium but forgot to note who ordered it.
    Spaced out on this and if you did, whomever, please contact me. If I do not hear from anybody on this, it is up for grabs. $ 225.00 Thanks!

Gary

2. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

Definitely interested in the bags, and the fatigue pants in other colors (have the olive... they're great!).

3. jswanson3

jswanson3 Senior member

34. I'll let you know when they get here.

Online they show sizing as S-M-L, any idea which one would be a 34?

4. JMK

JMK Senior member

I think large because a 36 is XL.

5. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

6. jswanson3

jswanson3 Senior member

Someone want to play tiebreaker?

7. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

I asked the same question, and the answer I received (S=32, M=34, L=36) was from Gary Drinkwater. I bought the pants in a medium and they are TTS, not vanity sized.

8. JOA

JOA Senior member

Medium is the 34. To wit...

[​IMG]

My new Workaday Fatigues, size Medium (34).

BTW, Gary, you were right. I will have to hem them, but the cold wash took the "raw" out of them and I love the slightly baggy fit.

Why do I look like I have a muffin top in this pic? Bleh.

9. bathtime

bathtime Senior member

The Fatigue Pants in size S (32) fit me surprisingly well (I'm around a 33" waist, thought they'd be too tight). Perhaps it's the high rise.

The side tabs don't fasten down, would be too tight. My suggestion would be to add another button on each side to fasten the tabs for those who don't/can't tighten the pants. There is no inner coin pocket, as timpoblete had mentioned was present on a previous incarnation.

I was happy with the fabric - lighter weight and softer than I'd expected. All in all, the pants renew my appreciation for EG - I wish they'd stick to the basics more often.

10. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

The side tabs don't fasten down, would be too tight. My suggestion would be to add another button on each side to fasten the tabs for those who don't/can't tighten the pants. There is no inner coin pocket, as timpoblete had mentioned was present on a previous incarnation.

I had my tailor move mine, but I agree there should be two buttons there.

Gary... Any word on those bags?! REALLY interested.

11. JOA

JOA Senior member

I was happy with the fabric - lighter weight and softer than I'd expected. All in all, the pants renew my appreciation for EG - I wish they'd stick to the basics more often.

I totally agree with this. I find that, in general, the pieces I like best are the simplest ones.

12. JOA

JOA Senior member

Got my Workaday OCBD from Gary yesterday. The fabric is better than any oxford I've owned (and I've sworn by Brooks Bros. oxfords for years). Get on these, boys!

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

The Fatigue Pants in size S (32) fit me surprisingly well (I'm around a 33" waist, thought they'd be too tight). Perhaps it's the high rise.

Hmm. What size do you normally wear in pants then, 32? If I normally wear 30 waist pants, I suppose I would be a size XS then? I could probably fasten the size small I suppose, but I want to avoid saggy diaper ass.

Cuirous if anyone with this same sizing issue could assist?

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Hmm. What size do you normally wear in pants then, 32? If I normally wear 30 waist pants, I suppose I would be a size XS then? I could probably fasten the size small I suppose, but I want to avoid saggy diaper ass.

Cuirous if anyone with this same sizing issue could assist?

Anyone help with sizing? This thread got buried quick as shiz.

15. JOA

JOA Senior member

I wear a 33 or 34 (depending on the pants), and I bought a M (34) in these. On me, they fit snug in the top block and get baggier in the legs/hem.