1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Work World is Depressing

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by 1up, Jul 28, 2010.

1. 1up

1up Senior member

Just recently graduated University and entered the work world, and after only a few months I'm already so tired of the monotonous routine. Wake up-eat-goto work-eat-goto gym-eat-sleep with hours of wasted time on forums embedded between.

Weekends are pretty good, but how do I stay lively during the week...how am I supposed to handle this for the next 40 years? What do I look forward to next??

Anyone else feel this way?

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Dude, at least you got a job with a computer... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Slit your wrist, it's not going to get better...

4. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

If it's really this boring and depressing so quickly, perhaps you're in the wrong line of work. It can be surprising how a person thinks they hate working until they find a job they really like, and then they actually enjoy working. I have a friend who's a CPA and does almost nothing but check over financial documents for a huge investment/banking firm, and he loves it. I'd be bored into cardiac arrest within a day.

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Yep, not gonna get better. Life sux bra.

6. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

I've come to the conclusion that life as a junior employee blows. Hopefully with experience comes more responsiblity and more variation in the work day. If it's really that bad .. do what I do .. play minesweeper .. Beat expert in 387 seconds, hoping to have it under 300 by the end of the summer.

At least you got a job, and aren't sitting at home playing playstation all day wondering why you weren't just given the keys to an office and a 6 figure income when they gave you your degree.

7. ektaylor

ektaylor Senior member

Start collecting suits and shoes. It's all you can do now.

8. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

9. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Don't worry, you'll probably be able to retire in forty or fifty years. Imagine that, you're in your early twenties and you'll be working for twice as long as you've lived so far. Isn't that awesome?!

Enjoy!

10. 1up

1up Senior member

Well I'm starting my career on August 16th, until then I am doing accounts payable (pretty much data entry), so it's definitely not the most entertaining work. Mind you the general consensus from a lot of my friends at work is that they hate it, and almost everyone is going to pursue further education, most of which currently work in accounting though..

My career is being an engineer, though I never really enjoyed the degree itself, I'm hoping the work will be different - but I'm not too optimistic. I'm also pretty nervous about what they expect from me as a new hire, I don't feel like my technical skills are up to par (didn't enjoy my schooling much, just did what I had to do to get by).

What kind of work do you guys do?

11. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

give up and become resentful of those who are not yet working, and just tell people to 'grow up' when they ask why working sucks as a blanket response that absolves you of the need to actually think about how shitty your life has become

ftfy

12. 1up

1up Senior member

ftfy

lol

13. 1up

1up Senior member

Dude, at least you got a job with a computer... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, that's true man, it definitely could be worse.

14. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I like going to work. I'm lucky.

15. 1up

1up Senior member

I've come to the conclusion that life as a junior employee blows. Hopefully with experience comes more responsiblity and more variation in the work day. If it's really that bad .. do what I do .. play minesweeper .. Beat expert in 387 seconds, hoping to have it under 300 by the end of the summer.

At least you got a job, and aren't sitting at home playing playstation all day wondering why you weren't just given the keys to an office and a 6 figure income when they gave you your degree.

Yeah, I got pretty lucky, lots of my friends are still looking for jobs, so I AM happy about that...but lots of them are traveling now I almost feel like I missed that boat going right into University after high school and then right into the working world.

Retire by 30 maybe? [​IMG]

16. 1up

1up Senior member

I like going to work. I'm lucky.

Swimsuit model photographer?

17. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Alcohol. It's all that gets me through the day.

18. 1up

1up Senior member

Alcohol. It's all that gets me through the day.

Yeah so far my Friday/Saturday's have consisted of copious amounts of liquor drinking. Now I understand the term "working for the weekend".

19. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    My career is being an engineer...

How cool is that!?!
    I always loved playing with my train sets.

20. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Swimsuit model photographer?
    OBGYN at a state college health clinic.