• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work type button down casual shirts

rico suave

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm looking for some quality long sleeve shirts of medium thickness contruction, non button collar and dual pockets are good.
I guess you might define them as "work shirts".
Everything I see in stores these days is real light weight, dressy, slim fit flashy stuff and thats just not me.
I'd like something more rugged outdoorsman looking but still casual/clean enough for streetwear. I like these styles as they tend to look better on my larger build. Cabela's has the closest looking styles to what I want but I was wondering what else is out there if anything, perhaps geared towards a younger crowd. I'm 19, 5'10" 42-44 chest.
Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Great board BTW,I'm really enjoying it, lots to be learned!

familyman

Reaction score
How much do you want to spend? Filson has some shirts that sould like what you're looking for but they're more expensive.

rico suave

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking for something a little higher class than walmart dickies but I havnt tried them so maybe I might like them, their pants are ok. Nice selection on those websites. I need to get at least 4-6 l/s button downs for the fall, in different designs. The filmans look nice and within my price range too. I dont need anything too heavy duty.. something a step down from a dress shirt- stiffer and more manly but still hip and stylish, cant quite describe it. The double pockets arnt a must, just a preference. I also go untucked and I'm short so an overly long tail is always a concern. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Blahhh. I think I swallowed a bug.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The prices on Buzz Rickson's site is insane though. I regret not getting more of their stuff when I was back in Japan.

rico suave

Reaction score
Very nice stuff there at Buzz's. Is Japan the only place to find them cheaper? Whats LVC?

jaj

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if you ever found the shirt you were looking for. I also am always on the lookout for shirts of a stiffer fabric, workshirts but with quality. I also am always looking for shirts that can be worn untucked without being too long. The best I've found are the Polo Blake shirts. Did you ever find what you were looking for?

jaj

Reaction score
just wondering if you ever found the shirt you were looking for. I too have always been on the lookout for stiff fabric shirts that can be worn untucked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads