• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work Rant

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just need to rant for the moment.

I'm fu*cking sick and goddamned tired of my editor right now. Seriously, its getting to the point where I'm about to fuc*ing start yelling at her.

First, I've been at this publication for a long ass time now, and for a variety of reasons, my title has remained a lowly writer. That's fine, it is what I want to do for the foreseeable future, and I don't really want to remain a full time journalist so I have no desire to acquire more skills in the field.

At any rate, we've had this editor since July of 08. She's going to try and pull some fu*king bullshit over me in a god damned power trip and there's only so much I can take. I understand and respect her as a superior, but there is a point when sh*t goes too damn far and you start to belittle me, and disrespect me, and there is a huge difference between being a hard ass editor and a flaming, gaping, herpes infected asshole. Which is the route currently being taken.

What pisses me off is this taint is going to come the f*ck in and try to assume complete control over me and I'll say back the **** off. I will work with you. The problem is I don't just write, I do other things too, and she knows this, and I have other priorities at times.

Anyway, I'm not sure where that was going or what exactly I was trying to say I just needed to get this sh*t off my chest. I guess I can always go to the publisher if sh*t really starts to piss me off.

edinatlanta

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For a writer, that's not a very eloquently penned rant.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More deets.
no poll = fail

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2uf7wv6.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
More deets.
no poll = fail

Poll added. More details later when I leave.

BTW: I am currently pursuing the Silent option, genuinely considering not turning in assignments or doing such shite work it takes hours to clean up. And no I will not re-write jack for her. Yes I know not saying anything is the worst course of action.

Originally Posted by Douglas
For a writer, that's not a very eloquently penned rant.

No it wasn't it was more stream of consciousness.

Next time I will try to put my loquaciousness on full display for your reading pleasure, just for you!

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Coudnt vote because you never specify what the issues are.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5

Just vote "Seek Courageous Wolf's sagacious advice".

Metro's got this.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5

Just stupid sh*t that can inspire her to go on a trip. AS SOON AS I WALK IN THE F*CKING DOOR.

So I messed up last night when entering a story (won't go into the minutia of it) but I forgot to enter a feature story which means our website looked bad for a few hours. It was a very careless mistake and I was pretty embarrassed about it. Just one of those small things that can happen. Our COO brought this to my attention this morning as I walked in and he's a laid back guy and I was cool with how he handled it, we had a laugh you know I apologized and I accepted my scolding.

Then she's got to chime in right after that in an asshole-ish way. Which, as you can expect, rather than me going "yes I know it was a careless mistake, I apologize etc etc etc" makes me say "go ************* on a stick." Additionally, I WAS JUST TOLD THAT, and I haven't even set my bag down (SAB case, 200 euros).

This isn't the first time I've been chewed out as soon as I walk in the door.

Now I don't mind deadlines, I don't mind saying, we need this in by X:XX xm to edit it. But you don't need to talk down to me like a) I don't know what a deadline is, b) I DON'T KNOW HOW WE OPERATE WHEN I'VE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS, c) doing it in a ****** way that doesn't make me want to do it or listen to you...

That's what inspired me today.

Basically it is an attitude problem I guess. I mean I am an incredibly amenable guy. I'll put up with a lot of **** because I understand that you are my boss. I work for you. But its fast becoming the straw breaking the camel's back and I'm sick of her ****.

Plus, she makes this ******* caramel drizzle flavored coffee which chokes our office with the odor of her artificially flavored coffee. That's the worst offense! Ok, so that was a slight attempt at humor.

I'm pretty close to telling a superior I'm sick of this ****. I do a lot for this company, I volunteer to be on call 24 hours a day, I rarely have a weekend off. I don't need to hear **** like this, because you want to be an asshole.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arright, so she's also a hypochondriac. Today I've already had to endure a litany of her "medical problems" which, I swear to all that is holy, she brings up at least one of every damn day.

What really pissed me off is "I've had a migraine for five days now so I know how you feel." If you really had a migraine, you wouldn't be at work under fluorescent lights and you certainly wouldn't have had one for five effing days. [Something of an aside: her ******* caramel drizzle coffee which hasn't been made in a while thank god, has an aroma that can be smelled throughout our hall. Contrast that with: "any strong scents give me migraines." Sometimes, this is bad, I spray that whiteboard cleaner spray when she's near, just to test her theory. She's never complained about that and sh*t is stank.]

Best of all I'm taking the least professional route and not even acknowledging her, while being perfectly pleasant with everyone else.

Sorry for clogging up this thread. It is cathartic and calming to write this out.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Ed. I'm fairly lucky in that I've never had a boss I totally could not stand, though on occasion I think all bosses can be a pain **********. I'm sure that my reports occasionally think I'm a pain **********, too. It's good to hear others' rants though, as it forces you to think outside of yourself for a moment and think, "Am I doing that?"

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Additionally, I WAS JUST TOLD THAT, and I haven't even set my bag down (SAB case, 200 euros).

Keep it real and keep it stylin, Ed.

Sorry to hear about the turmoil though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads