• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Work pants that s t r e t c h

SixWings

Reaction score
I work in a fairly conservative industry, but I've noticed that my colleagues (and bosses) men's wear is becoming more casual. Until now, I've generally worn suits.

I'm now looking to buy some pants that are more comfortable than the suit pants I currently have. Formal pants that imitate suit pants would be ideal, but formal chinos could work too. I'm looking for something more comfortable. Something stretchy.

For reference, I started wearing jeans that are stretchy enough for me to do squats in and the freedom of movement is amazing. Does the same thing exist for dress pants/chinos? I've looked but haven't found much.

Betabrand caters to third but appears to be out of stock in anything in my size. I've been looking at Ministry of Supply, Proof, Outlierand Bonobos. Can anyone steer me right?
Thanks in advance!

mscottdoodle

Reaction score
I only wear Ministry of Supply these days. Kinetic and Velocity suit pants. Once you wear them, you'll never go back to traditional wool pants.

Riakesh

Reaction score
You can try wearing sweatpants, but it seems to me that they are only relevant in the gym. I know that many ranchers prefer to wear jeans. There are many varieties of jeans, different patterns and different fabric compositions. For example, cowboy jeans are well described in this article https://stylejeanswear.com/what-is-cowboy-cut-jeans/ . This is quite a universal design that fits any figure, and besides, they are convenient enough if you need to move a lot at work.

ValidusLA

Reaction score
Can be a little pricey, but Meyer out of Germany makes some traveler / chino etc type pants that can have a lot of stretch.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.