• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Work Gloves

eml4sker

Reaction score
Going to start doing some Habitat for Humanity stuff on weekends. Soliciting recommendations on work gloves. Looking for comfort and durability.

wangvicous

Reaction score
Everyone I've ever known that has worked construction has used the white gloves with the red palm. Anything more expensive is apparently not worth it.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For heavy work, I use heavy leather roper gloves with the cinch on the back of the wrist. For lighter work, nitrile gloves are fantastic. I can pick up finish nails with them, but they are heavy enough to prevent splinters and cuts. I highly recommend a pair of each.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's work gloves, it doesn't matter what they look like as long as they do the job and are cheap as they will get ruined or you will lose them

I always used a pair of these.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Home Depot: FG yellow gloves (14.99 - I believe they're called tradesman)

Sears: Craftsman professional (14.99 on sale when I got them)

Hardware store: Atlas nitrile coated gloves

Duluth trading would also be a good glove; they have many options

All are good to work with, as they allow for precision. Big, clunky gloves are really, to me, for heavy duty work only (cleanup, demo). The gloves listed work for cleanup and demo, though, so that's what I use. They do not offer the protection of a thick leather (Lincoln) work glove.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.